Chapter Five

"Rise and shine, Bitch! Rise and fucking shine!"

I open one eye and shake my head as I watch Tyler jump up and down on my bed with his back facing toward me.

I take this as the perfect opportunity to shove him to the floor. I leap towards him quickly, and we land with a loud thud. Lucky for me, Tyler broke my fall.

"Awh, Leah. You weigh a ton." He groans.

I slap the side of his head and roll off of him. He turns onto his back, flashing me a wide smile as we burst out laughing.

"Hey, I heard a bang, what happened?" Jay walks into my room and her eyes zoom in on Tyler and I.

"Actually, I don't think I wanna know." She walks over to my bed and takes a seat.

"So what are we doing today?" I sit up and stretch my arms out wide.

"I don't know." Tyler replies.

"Yeah, same here." Jay scrolls through her phone and I watch as a small smile forms on her face. I wonder what that's about.

An idea comes to mind, filling me with excitement. "I know what we can do!" I shout.

"What?" They ask simultaneously.

"Let's have a team bonding!" I announce.

"Here?" Ty asks, looking at me questioningly.

I give him a deadpan look as I reply sarcastically. "No, at Mr.M's house."

"Really?" He asks. This. This is my best friend for you.

"Sometimes you can be so stupid," I laugh. "No Ty, here!" I shake my head and roll my eyes. 

"Well, if we're gonna do this, Kae send out an informational text. Time, place, yada yada. Ty, go out back and clean the pool." Jay instructs.

"And what are you gonna do?" I ask.

"I'm gonna handle food, duh." She rises to her feet and leaves the room.

"While you're at it, let our dads know we're gonna be doing this!" I shout to her. I hear her yell back a reply before turning to face tyler.

"Go clean my pool, pool boy," I smile.

He winks at me with a large smile plastered on his face. "As long as you sit by the pool in a hot pink strappy bikini."

"Ew, No, absolutely not! I saw that porno, personally I would never try that." I shudder as I think back to the porno Ty, Ray, and Dev showed me a few days ago.

"Your innocence is cute." He pinches my cheeks before realization crosses his features. "Wait, you don't have any."

"I have innocence!" I scoff.

"Yeah, in your dreams." He rolls his eyes then pushes himself off the floor. "Also, Kael is still waiting for you to call him."

He leaves my room and I get up on my feet.  I check the time and see that it's only 10:37 and decide I can squeeze in an extra hour of sleep.

——

"Leah, come on, just get in here." Tyler says.

We're currently in my backyard. The team arrived an hour ago and they've been bugging me to get into the pool.

I'm laying on one of the pool lounge chairs reading one of my favorite books, Looking for Alaska.

"Seriously sis, just get in the pool." Jay props herself up next to Ty.

An idea pops in my head, so I run inside to grab a lounge chair floatie. This way I'm technically in the pool.