Chapter One

First official chapter to my first book!

Just a couple of notes before we divulge into the story:

My book is a work of fiction, but my characters are actually based off of people who I was friends with when I first started writing this back in 2012.

All their names have been changed. ALL of the events in this book NEVER took place in real life. Everything is a figment of my imagination, except for the characters.

Any correspondence with another book, movie, or real life experience is pure coincidence.

Be nice to others in the comments, not everyone shares the same opinions or views as you do, so don't be an ass!

My book is copyrighted, so honestly don't be an ass and steal my work claiming it as your own.

In this book there will be a lot of VULGAR LANGUAGE. With that being said I WILL NOT be putting in any warning lines before a chapter or scene.

With all of that being said, lets get into reading!

Kaeleah's P.O.V.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Be-

"I hate that alarm." I mutter, as I reach out to my bedside table.

I sit up in my bed, look around my room, and notice Jaylene laying on the floor.

I stare at her and tilt my head. Her black hair is spread out across her pillow, and her mouth is partly opened. Judging by the wet spot on her pillow, she's been drooling.

I take a pillow from my bed and chuck it at her. She groans and turns to face the other way.

"Jay, wake up." I say and throw another pillow.

"Why?" She asks dragging out the Y. She snuggles into one of the pillows I threw and sighs in content.

You see, she's not much of a morning person.

"We have to get ready." I say and throw another pillow at her.

"Fine, fine. Just stop the pillow abuse." She opens one of her brown eyes and closes it again. She blinks a couple more times before finally getting up from the floor.

"So, what brought you in here?" I question her. She tosses the pillows back on my bed and folds her blanket.

"Eh." She replies. She tucks her blanket under her arm and walks into the bathroom that connects our rooms together.

I shake my head at her with a small smile. There was a thunderstorm last night, and Jay absolutely hates thunder. That's probably why she came in here.

I get off my bed and stretch my arms up in the air and let out a yawn.

Jaylene is my step sister. Her dad and mine got married a year ago, but they have been together since we were in kindergarten. They've been waiting years for marriage to become legal in our state. When it did, we partied, hard.

I walk into our bathroom that connects our rooms and quickly get to work.

I brush my teeth and wash my face as I wait for Jay to finish up in the shower. I look in the mirror and take note of my messy appearance.

I have dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, with some light brown highlights, that reaches my lower back. I have a few stray pimples that I refuse to touch. There's darkness under my eyes showing the world that I lack a lot of sleep. I pick up a pair of tweezers and pull out all the stray hairs on my eyebrows.

I wash my hair quickly then proceed to shave my legs. I wash my body afterwards with some strawberry scented soap. I finish up and run into my room.

I go into my closet and pull on a pair of dark washed ripped jeans. I match it with a light pink tank top and check my self in the mirror. Nodding in approval, I pull out a pair of white converse as Jay comes into my room.

She spins around slowly and I laugh.

"You know, you don't need my approval for what you want to wear." She completes her turn and smiles at me.

"I know, but you have a better fashion sense than me. I just want to make sure I don't walk out of this house looking like a clown." She looks at herself in my mirror and pulls her hair up into a ponytail.

"You look good, as always." She nods in reply and goes back to her room.

I take a seat at my vanity and dip my eyeliner brush into the black eyeliner and draw out a perfect line. The same can't be said for the other eye.

"Jay, Kae, the boys are here!" John, Jay's dad, yells up the stairs.

I purse my lips and make another attempt to perfect my eyeliner. I glance at the warm beige colored concealer and shake my head. Time is not on my side, so my pimples are going to be shown to the world today.

"Aye sis, don't forget your duffel." Jay says at my door. "Also, Kael called. He said call him back ASAP!"

"Shit, I knew I was forgetting something." I scan my room quickly, looking for the damn thing. I check my phone quickly and see a message from Kael.

Kael: Very important news! Call me back ASAP loser!

I shove my phone in my back pocket and check my closet for my bag.

"You always do," she laughs. "Anyways, you should hurry, cause I smell bacon, and the guys are downstairs." She says and walks away.

I lay on the floor to take a quick look under my bed and behold, the damn thing is there.

I sling it on my shoulder, grab my backpack, and rush downstairs before the free loaders finish all the food....Again.

I think I forgot to mention something.... Oh yeah! Jay and I are on the football team.

——
Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter!

Please remember, this book is undergoing HEAVY editing. I advise that you wait for weekly edit updates so things don't get confusing.

Edited: December 5, 2020.

If you enjoyed this chapter please, VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, and FOLLOW!

Lots of love, jeadeaday ❣️