Chapter Fourteen

"Hey sis!" Kael says walking in the room.

Finally, someone to clear up the awkwardness! After I asked Cody about the warmth on my forehead it got weird between me and him.

He gets up abruptly and leaves the room not even sparing me a glance, but he smiles a lazy really cute smile at Kael that makes me smile.

Wait. Really cute smile? He's supposed to be my rival, I'm not supposed to be calling him cute. Yeah I didn't, I'm sure I didn't, I just said cute because he was smiling at my brother. Yes. That's what it is.

"Hi Kael." I say and offer him a small smile.

"So, how you feeling?" He asks sitting across from me on the bed.

"Tired."

"No sleeping." He says sternly, acting like my dad. "So are we done fighting?" he asks looking at me.

"Only if you let me sleep."

"Never mind then, we don't have to stop fighting." He says playfully.

"We are gonna be fighting 'till the day we die." I say rolling my eyes at him. It's just a bunch of silly banter, so I guess all is forgiven. "But seriously, can I please?" I ask giving him my best pouty face, with my lip jutted out a little and everything.

Kael's eyes widen and he pulls out his phone. He dials someone's number then puts the phone to his ear. "Can you come in here?.....No, I'm not gonna leave.....Fuck the one person rule, she's giving me her pouty face. You know I can't resist it.....She's asking to sleep.....Thank you." He hangs the phone and avoids my gaze.

"Stop with the pouty face." Tyler says walking in the room.

Tyler can resist my pouty face, but he can't resist me crying.

I make my eyes go a little big and plaster a small frown on my face.

"Can I please sleep? I'm really, really tired. " I say looking up at him and sniff a little. A lone tear rolls down my cheek because of the Air Condition blowing in my face and I'm so glad for that.

His eyes go wide, and he quickly turns around.

"Dude, who can I call?" Tyler says. That question is directed towards Kael.

"Anyone you think that can resist her." Kael says.

Tyler leaves the room and comes back 10 minutes later dragging Cody back in the room.

"Dude, what the hell?" He says looking at Ty.

"Cody, can I please go back to sleep?" I say and put on my pouty face.

He looks over at me, and I see his resolve fade away instantly. " Yeah, I guess." He says and looks away.

"Yes!" I say and lay back down ready to sleep.

"Oh, no you don't" Kael says and punches my leg.

"Oww." I say and glare at him.

"No sleeping!" He says sternly.

"But Cody said I can." I fight back weakly.

"Dude, you were no help." Tyler says shaking his head.

"I don't care what Cody said. What did the doctor say?"

"Not to sleep." I mumble.

"Then there you go, listen to your doctor."

"I'm hungry." I complain.

"What's with all the complaining Kae?" Tyler asks with an amused grin.

"I haven't complained that much." I say defensively, because really, I haven't. "But I seriously am hungry."