Chapter Fifteen

Spirit week. The time of the year where we get all pumped up for our homecoming game. Sounds fun right?

Our school colors get thrown everywhere as decorations, and people are yelling here and there, practices get harder, everyone is happier, and all that good stuff.

I love spirit week, but there's always something I dread....The Homecoming dance.

No its not cause I don't have a date, its only because I don't do school dances. Since freshman year, i've steered clear of all of them. Bottom line, I just don't like them.

"You're going Leah." Tyler says sternly.

"No i'm not." I say.

"Yes you are." He fights back.

"No i'm not! Get that through your damn head Tyler." I say getting irritated.

"You are. Do you wanna know why?"

"No I don't wanna know." I say.

"You promised." He simply states.

I stop dead in my tracks and narrow my eyes at him. "I would remember if I did." I say.

"Well you did."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did. Remember Freshman Homecoming? You were at home in your room reading when I came in trying to force you to go with me, but you wouldn't move a muscle. So I made you promise that the next dance you would go. You didn't. So we kept making promises you'll go to the next one until Junior prom came and we made a promise that Senior year you'll go to all the dances to make up for all the broken promises, and i'm not letting you off the hook so easy now." He says sternly giving me a pointed look.

Now that I think of it, I recall all of that happening. Fuck.

"Damn it, I guess. But I don't have anything to wear." I say hoping to win the case.

"That's true. But that's why WE'RE going to go shopping." He says

I look at him incredulously and shake me head. "No. You are not going shopping with me." I say

"Well if can't go with you, who will?" He asks.

I think about it for a while. Can't take Mariah, she's been acting really weird. Which reminds me, I should probably check up on her. I don't like going with Celine and Mikayla, they have weird taste. Drea is too occupied with Devin. Jay wont go with me even if I bribed her. She hates shopping. Aly is busy with dance. Damn it, this is what I get for not having many close girl friends.

"I hate you." I say and start walking away.

"Yeah I love you too. So today after practice we'll head home to shower and we'll go out and buy you a dress." He says.

"Yeah whatever." I say

"So what's been bothering you?" Ty asks.

"Nothing." I quickly lie. I didn't really want anyone to know about the whole Cody incident. It's been on my mind since he got out of my truck. Him and the whole situation has been clouding all my thoughts.

"You know, for a girl who goes to church every Sunday you sure lie a lot." Ty gives me another look that says 'You better tell me now or im gonna have to force it out of you'.

"Why do I even try." I mutter under my breath.

"Yeah why do you? But seriously, tell me." He says.

Heaving a sigh I stop walking and look at him. "Me and Cody kissed."

"What? Can you say that louder? You're speaking a little low." He says smirking. Stupid bastard.