Chapter Eight

"All football players please report to the front of the school, the bus will be loading soon." Ms.Lola says from the school intercom.

I get out of my seat in english grab my bags and head out the door with Austin.

"So umh, are you ready for today?" He asks awkwardly.

We have a slightly better relationship after the team bonding day.

"Umh yeah." I reply back equally awkward.

"I just want you to know I respect you. A lot." He says scratching the back of his head.

"Umh, thanks. I'll let you know my level of respect for you after the game." I tell him.

"Why after the game?" He asks confused.

"If you can prove you have my back on the field. My respect will come flowing out of me."

"Cool, alright." He says and the rest of the way to the bus is spent just enjoying eachothers company.

"Are you sure you can make it tonight?" Devin asks Andrea.

"Positive babe." She says and kisses him and it quickly turns into a full blown make out session.

"You know I passed by the storage room on my way here and there's no one there, maybe you can go there." I yell to them

"Fuck off Kaeleah!" Devin growls. The beast has been unleashed.

I put my hands up in surrender and back up laughing.

"Man, your just a little trouble maker today." Ryan says putting his arm around me.

"It's what I do." I say and shrug.

"Load the bus!" Coach yells.

I pick up my bag from the ground and head into the bus and sit three seats from the back on the right side. My usual spot. I plug my earphones into my phone, blast the music and pull my knees up to my chest. I close my eyes ready to get into game mode.

Someone taps my head and I open my eyes to see Cody. This little shit wont leave me alone.

"Yes?" I say and take out one of my earphones.

"Are you ok?" He asks.

"I'm perfectly fine." I say.

"Then why are your eyes closed?"

"Why won't you leave me alone?"

"That's not an answer."

"Dude, leave her alone before she punches you in the face." Dev says from across me.

"Thank You." I say and put my earphone back in my ear.

He taps me again and I look up.

"What?" I ask irritated.

"Why can't we just talk?"

"Cause I don't like you." I state simply.

"Come on, it's a long ride, just fo-"

"What part of I don't like you don't you understand? Leave me the hell alone!" I close my eyes again and put my earphone back in my ear.

I'd say five minutes later someone taps my shoulder.

"What the hell do you want?" I snap at the person next to me.

"Woah there, I was just gonna ask if you have your speaker." Jay says with her hands up in mock surrender.

"Yeah, it's in my duffel, now no more interruptions alright?"

"Gotcha sis." She says giving me a mock salute and leaving.