Chapter Twenty-Four

We've been here for hours. Literally. The sun is coming out and I haven't slept since we got to the hospital.

Keana went to sleep an hour ago after I reassured her that if there was any news i'd wake her up.

We got to the hospital around midnight. They took Avery into the ICU and around four this morning they put him into quarantine. The doctor said something about his cancer giving his stomach a really bad infection and it was dangerous to be in contact with him. That being said, me and Keana had to run some tests on ourselves to make sure we were safe and we are.

My dad called this morning asking where I was. He looked into my room before he left to work and noticed I was missing. I told him what happened and he understood completely.

Keana was currently laying on the waiting room table and I stood near the window watching the sun come out slowly.

Keana and Averys Mom was currently out of the state on a business trip.

Keana said she called her and told her of the current situation. Unfortunately their mom can't come back until she's supposed to. That's two weeks from now. It's only seven and everyone in my house should be sleeping, well except for my dads. They leave for work around six.

I haven't seen John yet. Maybe he's down in the emergency room for his shift.

I grab a blanket out of the bag we packed and place it over Keanas sleeping figure. She moves and clutches the blanket to her. Wow, she must have really been cold.

I'm still wearing the clothes I slept in last night and I really wish I changed before I left. My legs are freezing cold and I keep getting these shivers when cold bursts of air hits me.
"Testing testing i'm just suggesting."

I grab my phone out of my back pocket and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Where are you at? I woke up and you were missing. Then I went to search for you and I noticed your truck was missing so yeah. I got kind of worried." Tyler says through the phone.

"No need to worry. I'm just uhh. Taking care of some stuff, yeah."

"Where are you at?" He asked and I hear a door close on his end.

"I'm at the hospital but you have not-"

"Why are you at the hospital?"

"You have nothing to worry about."

"I wasn't asking if I had anything to worry about. Why are you at the hospital?"

"Well something happened last night with Avery and Keana needed me so I left." I explain.

"What's wrong with Avery?"

"What is this? 20 questions?" I say and roll my eyes.

"Whatever. I'll be there later. After Kael wakes up."

"Wait. You don't need to come here." I say. Why would he even want to come here?

"Avery is like a brother." he says simply.

"Whatever floats your boat. Can you bring me extra clothes when you come?"

"Yeah sure. You want pants or shorts?"

"Get me a pair of jeggings and one of my pullovers. Also a tanktop. Please."

"Well do you need  anything else?"

I ask him to get a series of things for me considering I won't be going home any time soon. We hang up just as a doctor emerges into the waiting room area. It's John and I smile at him.