Chapter 26

"Seriously?" Kira asked as she jogged beside Alison and Bells towards her sister's room.

"That's what Peredite said!" Bells admitted.

"I didn't think it was possible. I thought everyone was joking around." Alison added.

"Did Dragoon do this?" Kira questioned.

"I don't know." Bells confessed. "But Aviri isn't enjoying the process."

Kira burst into Aviri's room, finding Aviri sitting up in her bed with Peredite laying next to her. The two of them had huge grins as they looked at a young girl that was laying on Aviri her eyes closed.

"Aviri!" Kira called, moving over besides Peredite. "It already happened?"

"It was painful, but yes." Aviri confessed, running her fingers through the child's purple hair before looking up at Dragoon and Rose who were standing at the foot of the bed. "She's going to be healthy right?"

"Of course." Dragoon answered. "She'll be fine."

"So are you going to explain why they can have a kid now when they couldn't for the last few thousand years?" Kira asked.

"I thought they deserved to have some happiness of their own." Dragoon confessed. "And Aviri always wanted a child of her own, and when they asked I couldn't deny them."

"You asked!?" Alison questioned. "Why would you ask that of Dragoon? She has to maintain balance!"

"She already opened the doorway to the void. It's likely the Zealots are going to move out from it and make a new home here in Exodious." Peredite explained.

"Where would they go?" Myra questioned. "And wouldn't having hundreds of creatures capable of ripping apart the fabric of reality in one place be a problem?"

Dragoon smiled softly and looked at Peredite who shrugged in understanding. Dragoon turned as Chysolite and Kai came in, the former with a smile of her own.

"Kai? Chysolite? I thought you left after your parents?" Rose raised an eyebrow.

"We just got back." Chysolite confessed putting her arms behind her back and leaning forward, still holding her grin. "The Margarite only really become Zealots when Ragnarok, moved them to a different world. They're gifted with that power once they're moved. Since the worlds are going to be connected, and they can leave whenever they want they won't have the power to change anything. They'll have magic, but that magic will have limits."

"So... how are we going to tell the difference?"

Peredite smiled and pointed to the horns on her head. "Zealots have horns. Margarite do not."

"Well you didn't have horns when we first met." Alison noted.

"They will now." Dragoon laughed. "Otherwise every Margarite will be treated like a Zealot, and that might cause problems."

"Also, Zealots are now all Peace Keepers, and will protect the innocent." Chysolite explained.

"I'll lead them myself." Dragoon explained. "Now that I'm not sealed anymore, I don't intend to sit by."

"I don't mean to be rude or anything..." Myra started. "But what's changed from being a watcher, to being someone to actually picks a side?"

"You did." Dragoon answered, without any hesitation. "Or rather... you all did. Even though I was bound and sealed, and the ones who did so were always so close, I was never treated like a monster. I was treated like a person and cared for as such. You all showed me that there are people who deserve to be protected and cared for as much as anyone else. You're all my friends and family." Dragoon smiled.