Chapter 18

Akiya watched Dragoon walk with Rose from the map room back to her vampire's chamber. She wanted to call her blade over but something made her keep her mouth shut. Instead she turned and looked towards the young fox goddess being dragged by a small lattamer.

The little girl giggled happily, pulling her sister around by her hand. The fox looked like she was having fun, even if there was a scowl on her face.

"Nebit, I was with Chys." Kai grumbled.

"I don't care!" Nebit whined, looking over her shoulder at her sister as she continued to drag her.

Nebit ended up bumping into Akiya who just smiled, not bothering to move out of the way. Since the cat was dragging Kai, she ended up slamming to Akiya as well, squishing Nebit before the two of them jumped back.

"S-sorry!" Nebit quickly bowed, almost like she was afraid to be hit, but Akiya just laughed.

"Why are you sorry? If anything, being squished between me and your sister should be punishment enough." Akiya confessed.

"Um..." Nebit quickly hid behind her sister.

"Forgive her. She's usually trying to keep me from doing that." Kai admitted.

"It's completely fine. You don't have to explain yourself. Accidents happen." The dragon smirked.

"You're Lady Akiya correct?" Kai asked.

"What gave it away? My charming personality?" Akiya grinned.

"Your scent."

"Oh..." Akiya paused a bit, realizing that Kai wasn't as playful as everyone else in the castle. The entire time her expression didn't change once.

"My sister is very serious." Nebit confessed, peeking out a little behind her sister as she watched Akiya's face, noticing her confusion.

"I'm sorry." Kai admitted.

"For what? You shouldn't apologize for being you, and if anyone ever says you should then light them on fire... or hit them."

"Excuse me?" Kai raised an eyebrow as one of her ears tilted down and the other more upward.

"You're perfect just the way you are." Akiya explained. "Don't change for anyone, and don't let anyone try to. I bet your mother tells you the same thing."

"She does."

"You're mother's one of the smartest people I know. She's also the only person who I think would be able to beat my sword, but that's not the point." Akiya shook her head. "Girl, don't ever apologize for being yourself."

"Thank you." Kai nodded her head slightly. Akiya pat her on the shoulder as she walked past her.

"See you soon Kai, Nebit." She called.

"Likewise!" Nebit called. "She's nice."

"She is." Kai answered. "But I'd still like to spend time with Chys."

Nebit groaned. "You spent every second with her since you got back from your fight! She's staying forever now right? Ragnarok can't take the Zealots away!"