Chapter 6

Nyx and Devin stared at the group for a good while in complete silence. Their expressions filled with nothing but confusion.

"Um... What?" Devin finally broke the silence as she narrowed her eyes.

"They didn't tell you we were able to defend ourselves?" Chysolite questioned.

"They said 'Get Akeno's daughter the Blind Seer.'." Nyx explained with a shrug.

"And they mentioned a Zealot, but I didn't think..." Devin stopped herself with a sigh. "Anyways."

"We get that a lot." Chysolite laughed.

"Big sister can protect herself!" Nebit added with a giggle as she pat her sister on the top of her head. "She beats up Hadvar all the time."

"I let her win!" Hadvar barked, but recoiled when Kai turned her head so her ear was pointed in his direction. The expression on her face showed nothing but dangerous annoyance.

"We should start heading back towards the castle. Kai has important news that Rose and Myra need to hear." Blair said, trying to change the subject to keep Hadvar alive.

"First things first. We told you who we are, now it's your turn." Chysolite smiled softly, motioning to the couple.

Nyx bowed her head respectively. "Nyx Kokinos-Daybreaker." She answered then stood up as Nuada ran out from the brush and sat beside her watching the group curiously. "This is Nuada."

Devin let her sword vanish before bowing herself. "Devin."

"Kokinos." Nyx added with a smirk.

"Not yet." Devin rolled her eyes.

"Pleasure to meet you." Chysolite smiled.

"Likewise." Nyx and Devin said in unison.

"We should get moving." Hadvar urged the others. "Kai must speak to Lady Rose."

"Agreed." Blair nodded.

Nyx motioned for them to walk past her and head the way she came. "The way back should be fine as long as we play it safe."

"The roads aren't as safe as you believe." Kai explained. "Bandits tend to ambush us."

"But they usually end up dead." Hadvar shrugged.

"I wonder why?" Chysolite rolled her eyes and shrugged. "It's almost like she's a master of bladed weaponry and can light herself on fire."

"Yeah it's weird isn't it." Blair smiled.

"I'm right here." Kai sighed.

"They think big-sis is scary." Nebit giggled. "But she's the nicest ever."

"To you." Hadvar laughed.

"And to Chysolite." Blair added, noting that Nyx and Devin seemed a bit nervous with their conversation.

"So what were you guys up to before Rose called you back?" Nyx questioned.