Chapter 12

Akeno's eyes were filled with nothing but fear.

Was that the end? Was she going to die to her own hubris?

How could she possibly have thought she would leave alive. She could only hope that the others would be able to flee before the end met them as well.

Just as she closed her eyes to expect the embrace of darkness, the pressure around her body was removed and she crashed against the ground like she was dropped. Her eyes opened and she saw herself, her flaming jaws around Ragnarok's mid section, whipping the creature into the ground, the blast from his maw slamming into the ground point blank, causing it to explode in his face before he was tossed across the field, plowing through the trees like an avalanche.

She picked herself up just as the other fox made her way over,using her muzzle to help her to her feet. "Get up." The fox ordered.

"Kai?" Akeno questioned.

"He'll get back up quickly. Get up." She ordered again.

Akeno didn't have time to celebrate her daughter's transformation, because just as she said the serpent was back on it's feet.

"I'm impressed Tiny Fox. Perhaps you are not as useless as I thought."

Kai's eyes were still white, but now they seemed to be glowing with her flame.

Akeno steadied herself before once again taking her lowered stance beside Kai. "Together."

"HOLD HIM!" They heard Aeriin yell.

The goddesses reacted instantly, charging forward and dashing around him as he opened his jaw for another blast. They managed to avoid it before they each slammed into either side of Ragnarok. Kai clamped her jaws just under the base of his own maw, while Akeno grabbed his front paw. Kai pulled down, her claws digging into the ground, pulling him with her.

Aeriin pointed her gun forward before firing it straight into his chest. As the bullet left the hand cannon, it seemed to separate into four lines of magic surrounding a single missile. As the bullet crashed into the demon's chest the four lines wrapped around him, sparking with electricity that seemed to attack only him as the first impact exploded painfully.

"How's that for a human?!" Aeriin bellowed.

Ragnarok pulled inward with all his strength, slamming the two deities against each other before spinning and throwing them towards Aeriin who managed to avoid them by ducking.

She went to stand up and smirk at the demon but he was already above her, his jaw opened.

The explosion echoed around her and she rolled across the ground. Her clothes were scorched as she picked herself up. But dusted herself off and her clothes reformed. "That was my favorite vest." She muttered.

"Impossible! How is a tiny mortal unphased!?" Ragnarok snapped.

"I'm not a mortal anymore." She answered as she faced him. "I'm a distraction, and so were they."

"What?" He turned to find Anikke standing behind Akiya who was floating in the air, Anikke's magic flowing from her fingertips and being pumped into the dragon's back.

Kai rolled across the ground, opened her jaw, and clamped it down on a string that was attached to Akiya's chest. The magic that was pumped into her back from Anikke lashed out like a web before slamming into her chest getting the dragon to wail in pain, the string of fate coming undone.

Kai's head went limp, and Anikke fell to her knees before looking up with a laugh as Akiya landed on her feet.

"You didn't really leave us much choice there." Ani admitted. "But I don't really know what we were expecting with a fight against the creator of everything. But you really shouldn't have created an entity with all your powers, even if she wasn't able to use them all."