Chapter 7

Nyx pulled Devin against herself in the bed, trailing kisses up her neck.

Devin let out a content sigh. "Good morning." She called, not wanting to move.

"How's your head?" Nyx questioned.

"A little sore." Devin confessed. "I wish I couldn't get drunk like you can."

"You didn't drink too much." Nyx yawned.

"Feels like I did."

"Musta been the good stuff then." Nyx giggled softly. "It'll pass love."

"I hope so." Devin rolled so she was facing her lover, who planted a gentle kiss on her nose. "Do you know if the others got to sleep alright?"

"I heard from Blair that Chysolite and Kai turned in early to keep Nebit out of trouble. Blair and Hadvar both passed out a bit after you did."

"Blair got drunk?"

"She had nightshade to prove she could last longer than Hadvar. But I guess she lost." Nyx explained.

"So when should we get up?" Devin questioned. "Cuz I don't really want to."

"I don't either." Nyx smiled. "But we have to take those guys to the castle."

"I know, I know." Devin stretched before climbing out of the bed. "I'll go see if they're up yet."

"I'll be here then." Nyx waved with a smirk on her face.

"Get dressed." Devin snapped.

"You took my clothes off, so you put them back on."

"Nyx!"

"Alight, alright." Nyx laughed as she got up. "I'll behave. Come on Nuada, Devin wants us to be presentable."

Nuada sat up from the foot of the bed with someone's underwear on his head with a happy bark.

"You don't know what that word means." Devin scoffed before leaving the room.

She walked down the hall and knocked on Kai's door. She heard a bit of shuffling before Chysolite answered the door.

"Morning." Devin smiled.

Chysolite returned the smile. "Morning. Did you sleep well?"

"I did... Wait, you didn't hear anything did you?"

"Don't remember last night?"

"I'd like to think I do." She shrugged. "But you never know."

"Well don't worry. You and Nyx didn't get into trouble, nor were you that loud." Chysolite laughed.

"Is Kai still sleeping?" Devin asked.

"Yeah. Her visions make her restless in her sleep. So I try not to wake her unless we really have to. Nebit makes her sleep easier though, somehow."

"That's good to hear. We'll get everything ready before I make you wake her then."

"Thanks." Chysolite laughed. "But we should really get moving. Mars could already be at the castle and we would have no clue."

"I'm sure if he was then Kai would see it." Devin noted. "Elysium controls her visions right? Isn't Rose part of Elysium?"

"Something like that. But you have a point. If things were that bad Kai wouldn't be sleeping very well."

Kai sat up in her bed, her eyes narrowed in a glare. "As if I could sleep with you talking..."

"Hey! You said you'd wait till last minute to wake her!" Devin glared.