Chapter 23

Anikke grumbled into the metal brace wrapped around her mouth, preventing her from speaking. Her wrists were cuffed behind her back, the metal glowing with purple symbols.

Aeriin glared at Nyx, who had wrapped her shadows around the huntress, preventing her from moving at all, forcing her to her knees.

"You planned all this didn't you?" Aeriin hissed. "You just pretended that this was all just going to be a facade, but in reality, the joke was on us."

Nyx crossed her legs as she was sitting on the bench and grinned. "Of course. Did you think anything less from a Daybreaker?"

"And what does Devin think of this?!" The huntress snapped.

Devin tapped her dagger to her thigh, sitting beside Nyx. "I'm not in chains, so I'm fine." She shrugged.

Enya winced in regret, but tried not to make it to obvious. She knew that Nyx had to do all the talking, or she would take everything back. Nora crossed her arms over her chest, trying her best to hold back.

Aeriin turned and glared at Enya, the hate burning in her eyes. "We trusted you! And you led us into a trap!"

"Giving Zia her daughter back is the best present you could give her. Especially when they're accompanied by the person who made her turn her back." Nyx laughed. "Not sure what you expected from me. I'm a fucking God, and I enjoyed being worshipped. It's about time I get it back."

Aeriin turned back to Nyx. "You're a piece of shit, you know that?! Rose trusted you! She let you into her home! And for what!? Just to stab her in the back!?"

Nyx stood up, walking towards Aeriin as the shadows held her tightly. The succubus put a hand under the huntress's chin and raised her head, forcing her to look into her violet eyes.

"Did you expect anything less?" Nyx questioned. "How many times do I have to tell you idiots, you live longer when you pick your battles." 

"Zia's going to kill your pet you know." Aeriin retorted. "I hope she kills her right in front of you, and teaches you a fucking lesson in betrayal."

"Now that would be interesting wouldn't it?" Nyx laughed. "But we have Pancea, so how do you expect that to happen?"

"What? No you don't- NO! Don't you fucking dare!" Aeriin tried to pull away from the succubus, but the shadows prevented her from moving.

Anikke pulled against her chains, but and Enya gripped them tightly, preventing her from rushing to her lover. Ani's eyes were wide in fear, but she couldn't do anything but watch in horror.

Nyx tilted Aeriin's head and sunk her teeth into her neck. Although the Huntress felt no pain, she screamed in anguish, knowing she had solidified the Succubi's grasp. By drinking her blood Pancea ran in her veins, making her unkillable.

"You might have it! But she doesn't!" Aeriin shouted. "Enya! Nora! Please! Release Anikke! You can still fix this!"

Enya and Nora remained silent, trying not to get involved.

Nyx leaned back, blood dripping from her mouth before she stood and made her way back to Devin who stood up with a look of distaste, knowing what would happen next wouldn't be pleasant. Nyx pulled her into a hug before kissing her with all the love in the world. Blood dripped down Devin's chin as Nyx forced a mouthful of Aeriin's blood into her mouth.

"You turned her!?" Aeriin shouted. "You monster!"

Nyx stepped back and Devin coughed on the blood, spitting some of it back up. "That was disgusting..." she muttered.