Cake! Leaving?

Fionna's POV

I woke up to what sounded screeching. My eyes fluttered open and I sat up to see where the sous was coming from. Marshall. He heard me get up and looked at me dead in the eye. His demon eyes met my human eyes. He looked sad.

He came over to me and sat next to me putting a giant half open box on my lap. He slipped under the covers with me, which I seemed to be under too. I peeled open the tape and I could hae the screeching sound I had woken up to. When I looked inside the was a cute little note, it was orange and white. I touched it and in the bow Cake grew.

"What the flip?!?" I screamed in suprise. "Cake what are you doing here?!?" I yelled hugging her while she stretched out of the box." "I came to see you honey. Make sure you were safe. I also brought some of your stuff cause I'm guessing your staying here for a while." "What about Lord M? Isn't he like alone?" "He had a big family thing for today and a little of tomorrow and so I though of coming here to you. I packed some of your stuff and got into a box the Gumball mailed. He told me to tell you that he was, wait... Here's a note."

Cake stretched her head into the box and scrambled around for a bit. I looked at Marshall confused but Cake pooped back up in between us to break my look. She handed me a pink and blue card package with a little blue flower sticker on it to close it. Cake stretched to my shoulder and became tiny so she could read and look at what was inside the package.

I looked at the flower and started to peel it off. Before I finished I looked at Marshall raising an eyebrow and putting my head forward to show him he should leave. He understood and left the room.

I fully peeled off the sticker and the first thing my hand touched was a card. I opened it up and read the card to my slef.

Dearest Fionna,
I hope you are doing well in the Nightosphere. Please stay safe and away from anything that may harm you, though I shouldn't be worried because you are an amazing fighter. Have a nice time and come back soon so you can help me in my lab. It was nice to have you here and I hope staying in the Nightosphere is not a permanent thing. Again i am truly sorry for that potion that made you unconscious. I miss you much as my lab partner and hero in Aaa. Many miss you in addition to me.
Best Wishes,
Prince Gumball.

P.S Here are some little gifts for you.

After reading the note I put it down besides me. I reached into the package and my hand reached a stretchy bag. It was a chocolate pouch. I cracked it open and are some of the chocolate. I cracked off a tiny part and handed it to Cake whom was still on my shoulder. Inside the chocolate pouch was some of Gumball's pink hair. After swallowing of what was left of the chocolate in my mouth I plopped some of Gumball's hair in my mouth and chewed.

I reached my hand back in and felt another pouch. It was chocolate so I cracked it open giving some of the crumbs to Cake. There was a test tube full of little squishy ball like things. The test tube had a label which read, use these to get home, squish in hand and think where you want to go. That will come in handy.

I reached my hand in once more feeling the last items. I pulled them out. One was for face messaging Gumball, shock I had recognized from using before. The other was labeled, Wear it for fun... you'll find out. I put on the grey amulet even though it looked kind of bland. When I did it sent a tingle down my body and it turned blackish and greyish perfectly matching what I was wearing. Yes kind of girly.

Cake stretch off my shoulder, took some more chocolate, grew back, plopped the chocolate in her mouth, stretched her head into the big cardboard box I had almost forgotten about, pulled out my adventuress clothes, and handed them to me. I gladly took them. I got under the covers and changed into them. I tied the bunny hat around my hair into a pony tail so I could have it with me just in case.

I wore my hair in a pony tail pretty high up. My blue but white round my neck shirt. My blue skirt, and some white socks. I felt weird but somehow satisfied. The necklace around my next turned blue and white.

Cake smiled deeply and hugged me. She packed up the box and put it in the corner of the room. While she did I saw there was still more in the box that she didn't show my but I didn't ask.

I hugged Cake when she came back ad we sat there for a minute. Smiling and hugging, it felt good.

Marshall quietly opened the door and I released Cake. He didn't look happy.

He was wearing some black jeans. Underneath his black suit was a White collared shirt. He was also wearing a white and black thick striped tie. His feet had white socks and some fancy black shoes. His hair was still casual which made me feel relieved, but not enough.

He looked at Cake which made her leave the room quietly which seems what Marshall wanted. He came and sat next to me and sighed.

"I have to go attend some meetings for three days with my mother. I will be gone today, tomorrow, the next day, and maybe a little more after that. I didn't want you to be alone so I got some people to be with you while Im gone. Cake today, Madi tomorrow, Max after that, than Jay on the day I'm coming back." "Marshall." "What?" "Is this because of yesterday?.. When we kissed?"

By now I was looking into my lap. I was fiddling with my hands because I couldn't stop. When I didn't hear him respond I looked up. His eyes were sad and tired. He looked as if he had stayed up all night, thinking. His orbs were grey instead of red.

"I... I need to do this. Ill be back." Marshall whispered sadly.

Guilt overcame my body and water started to flood my eyes.

Marshall's POV

"I... I need to do this. I'll be back." I whispered remembering yesterday.

I remembers this was basically the same reason why I left to the Nightosphere. I have to stop running away from my problems. But I need this break. It will help my mom. The more I convince the people at the meeting that I am a well raised child the better chances of me not having to rule. But why did she resist me? I have to go now, to the meeting.

I look up to Fionna. Her head is down and she had tears dripping down to he legs. She's wearing her adventuress outfit.

In a flash I take her chin in my hand and kiss her. With my other hand I hold her waist. After ten seconds she puts her right hand flat on my chest and pushes me away.

She's crying, her eyes full of tears.

"Stop. If you keep kissing me more I'll miss you to much." She says rubbing her eyes.

Fionna's POV

"Stop. If you keep kissing me more I'll miss you to much." I say after our kiss.

I rub my eyes. Guilt. My tears, they are tears of guilt. I had to stop Marshall because it reminded me of Jay. I will tell Marshall once he gets back. I don't want to cry in guilt anymore. I want to cry tears of sadness and missing.

Marshall rises above me and hugs me not so tight. I gently wrap my arms around him. He let's go after a minute and half smiles.

"Don't worry Fi. I'll be back for ya." Marshall smirks.

That's the last thing I hear and say from/to him before he leaves with vampire speed.

Cake comes in the room and stretches to me. I smile to her my eyes fully wiped from tears.

"Let's go have some adventure time hunn. That'll get your minds off things." Cake says smiling a great big smile.

"I'd love that Cake." I replied happily smiling.

[]{}#%^*+=_\|~<>€£¥•.,?!'1234567890-/

I hope you liked it. comment.

Same QOTD:
What hashtags would you use for this chapter?

I still need new bartender older dude that used to know Marshall character.