Chapter 50 - Robostus

Collège Françoise Dupont, the auditorium.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Nathaniel, Kim, Ivan, Mylène, Alix, Juleka, Marinette, Alya, Diana, Nino, Chloè, Sabrina and I were heading to Ms. Mendeleiev's classroom. As I noticed everyone with their bags, I didn't feel anything heavy on my back. I realised I was without my bag and said; "Oh no! I left my bag in the locker room! Again."

"Check to see if you left your brain in there too, girl." Alya said. The girls and Nino chuckle as they watch me run back to the locker room. Then I trip back slide back up on my feet. (because physics, right?)

"I'm okay!" I said as I run in the locker room.

The Locker room.

As I enter the locker room, I saw my school bag on the floor next to my locker. As I grab my bag and about to head back to Ms. Mendeleiev's classroom, I said to myself; "Oh silly me!"

"Of course you're my best friend!" I heard Max say on the other side of my locker. I hid behind the closest wall and turned invisible as I heard Max talking into his bag, saying; "I'm 100% affirmative! But I'm also 98.2% positive that the teachers are not ready for...this advanced evolution!"

"His best friend is in his schoolbag?" Kōhaku said from my bag. I whispered to him; "Yeah, Kōhaku, totally strange."

(Of course since you don't do it.)

As I see Max closing his bag and is about to walk out of the locker room, I stayed invisible until he closed the door behind him. I turned visible and walked out of the locker room.

Ms. Mendeleiev's classroom, the lab.

I walked up to the class room behind Max as we both enter and go to our seats while Ms. Mendeleiev is asking Mr. Damocles for help with her laptop. She said; "See for yourself, Mr. Damocles. Nothing happens when I press the button."

"You're in luck, Ms. Mendeleiev. I'm a bit of a computer whiz! Okay. And there we go!" Mr. Damocles said as he presses a couple of buttons on the keyboard and a desktop screen from the projector screen. I was quite impressed by Mr. Damocles's "computering skills". But suddenly the screen crashes and it shows a lot of pop ups on the screen. Ms. Mendeleiev said to him; "That's not supposed to be happening! What is it?"

"It's Dino-33 a malicious computer virus! Let me try something!" Max said as he walks up to her laptop and faces it towards him. Ms. Mendeleiev pulls back her laptop from him and said to him; "Go back to your seat now, Max! Leave this to the adults!"

"Mm-hmm." Mr Damocles said. As Max grabs his bag, a weird robotic sound coming from Max's bag, saying; "Inform the adults that if they don't neutralize the virus in the next seventy-five seconds, there's a 99.9% chance the hard disk will be permanently damage!"

"Quiet!" Max said to his back as he sat down next to Kim. Alya said to me; "Tell me you heard Max's bag talk to him."

I know we're in France, but we are not in the Beast's castle. I kept looking at Max. I looked back at Mr Damocles as he said; "It's destroying all the school data! It's a disaster! How many seconds do you say we have left?"

"Only sixty-five." Max answered him. Mr. Damocles said to Ms. Mendeleiev; "Let him try."

Ms. Mendeleiev nods in respond. Mr. Damocles turns the laptop to Max as he said; "Go ahead."

Max walks over to her desk as he reaches into his bag for something to help fix the school's system. Max said; "Urgh! Where is it?"

Then a mechanical arm from his bag pulls out a flash drive to him as it said; "I believe this is what you're looking for?"