Chapter 49 - Riposte

Collège François Dupont, In the Locker Room.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

It was Friday, which means I had my fencing lessons. I had changed in my fencing suit and had my fencing helmet on my head, exposing my face. Marinette was interest to join the fencing team as she is also wearing her fencing suit. As Marinette is looking for a fencing helmet to fit her head, a floating Tikki said to Marinette; "This fencing gear really does suit you, Marinette."

"Thank you, Tikki! Let's hope wielding a saber is a lot easier than finding a helmet that fits." Marinette said as the helmet slipsas she wears ot and Marinette makes a disgruntled noise as the helmet lands on her head. I giggled as I walked next to her. As Marinette pulls the helmet off her head, she said; "I gotta ace these try-outs! D'Argencourt is the most prestigious fencing academy in all of Paris! I've only got this one shot to show them what I've got and get onto the team!"

"You and (Y/n) have been reviewing the fencing rules all weekend, it's going to be great!" Kōhaku said to us. Marinette said; "You're right. I'm going to make quite an impression!"

As she slams the helmet down on the table, upsetting the other helmets laid out. Marinette scrambles to catch them before they fall off, catching one on her foot. Marinette said; "Ah, here we go! This one should fit perfectly!"

"Oh, and Marinette. I'm still keeping my secrecy about attending fencing." I said to Marinette as I gave her a fencing sword. MArinette said to me; "You mean you still haven't told anyone about your presence, yet?"

I shake my head side to side. I lowered my helmet to cover my face as we head out to the auditorium.

The auditorium

As the students are in two parallel lines, Mr D'Argencourt paces with his nose up high and his hands behind his back between us. Mr. D'Argencourt said; "I am the fencing master, Mr. D'Argencourt. As I'm sure you're aware, we have only one open spot on the team this year."

As D'Argencourt stops and faces the challengers, he said; "So, in order to select the best possible candidate, I will observe the beginners performing a number of attacks on the experienced students."

I look around to find Adrien as I said to Marinette; "Where's Adrien?"

"Get into position." Mr. D'Argencourt said as he gestures with his arm to us. As I tried to find Adrien, a fencing student approaches me, standing next to Marinette as he said; "Seems like you're looking for someone?"

"Yeah, I thought Adrien was here. You know, a boy this tall, blond, nice, super handsome?" I said to the student. As the student pushes up his helmet, it revels Adrien. Good thing I had my helmet covering my face as I yelped in surprise. Adrien said; "Thanks for the compliments! That's the first time I heard you talk."

Why did I just talk? This is his fault for being so cute.

"I didn't know you were into fencing, Marinette." Adrien said to Marinette. Marinette said to him; "Adrien! Nice to see you! Yeah, I'm interested in fencing."

"I'll be fencing with her." I said. Why did I talk again?! Armand said; "Get into position!"

As Adrien walks away, I raise my so that I could talk clearly to Marinette. As she puts her helmet on and holds her saber upright, I said to her; "Bend your knees, then stretch your left foot back, turned outwards."

As Marinette does so, I said to her; "Perfect!"

Adrien's P.O.V.

As I was walking, I heard the still unnamed student say to Marinette; "Perfect!"