Chapter 7 - Mr. Pigeon

Collège François Dupont

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I was in Miss Bustier's classroom as Mr. Damocles is addressing the class. He is saying; "You only have one day to work on your fashion piece, and it must be your own design. In ten hours your fittest presentation will be judged by none other than the great fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, the father of our very own student Adrien Agreste. In fact, Adrien will model the winning design in his next photoshoot."

I kinda got tingly when he said that Adrien will model it. He continued to announce; "And now, to announce this year's theme: derby hats."

I said; "Derby hats?"

Then Chloé looks at me, Marinette and Alya and makes a thumb down motion.

Collège Françoise Dupont.

Alya and I were sitting on a bench in a hall while Marinette paces, looking at her sketchbook and talking to us. Marinette said; "Derby hat, derby hat, derby hat, derby hat...! I don't have any derby hat designs. I've got top hats, caps, even two-horned hats! Need a beret? I'm your girl. A sombrero? No problem-o. But a derby! You know what? It won't even matter, 'cause I'm probably going to make a total fool of myself at the event. Most likely trip over my stupid derby and collapse on Mr. Agreste; give him a full-blown concussion and Adrien will hate me! I'll never be a world-renowned fashion designer. MY LIFE IS OVER!"

She wasn't the only one worrying. I have never heard of derby hats and I don't know what they look like until I saw the image in class.

Then Alya said; "All this over a derby hat?"

Then I said; "She isn't the only one."

"Let me see your sketchpad, girls. There must be something in here." Alya said as we gave her our sketch pads.

"Forget it, I'm a disaster zone. I'll probably mess everything up in the end." Marinette said. When Alya opened Marinette's sketch pad, it was filled with amazing fashion designs. Then Alya opened my (f/c) sketch pad which is all mostly filled with ballet costumes and mermaid tails. (Whenever someone opens my sketch pad and open up to the mermaid section, you tell them they are just costumes, when actually they are drawings of tails that you encountered back in the sea.) Then Adrien walks over and says; "Wow, Alya."

Marinette panics and hides behind the bench. I turned red as I heard his voice. Good thing i did activate my invisibility powers. Adrien adds; "those are some awesome designs. I didn't know you had such mad skills."

"Uh, thanks Adrien, but I can't take the credit. These sick designs belong to Marinette and (Y/n)." Alya said as Marinette gave a weak, embarrassed wave while I just stood there like a complete idiot. She also added; "Off the chain, right?"

"What chain?" I said as I didn't understand. Alya then whispered in my ear and said; "You know it's just a slang word, right?"

"You're super talented, Marinette. You too (Y/n). You girls seriously have a good chance of winning." Adrien said. Marinette said (or should I say tried to say); "Well, um, yeah! I... like-- um, designs that-- um, (Alya makes motions to Marinette, who tries to interpret them) go upwards... while stopping... I mean, uh-- thanks?"

I didn't speak at all, I just kept staring at Adrien. Seaweeds, why is he so adorable. Before Adrien left, he said; "Sure, and uh-- good luck. Maybe I'll be wearing one of your derby at father's next photoshoot."

"Girl, you gotta get a grip next time. But did you hear? Adrien thinks you're good enough to win!" They cheer. Then they noticed that I was still frozen. Alya and Marinette snapped their fingers at my face until I caught their attention. When Alya checked her phone she said; "Only have nine hours until show time."