Chapter 43 - Exchange

Collegè François Dupont, Miss Bustier's English class

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

"Alright students, now write down your names on a piece of paper and place it in the empty bowl." Miss Bustier said. As everyone in class wrote their names on a piece of paper, folded it, placed it in the bowl and went back to our places, Miss Bustier said; "Now remember, every one of you will be going to a different country around the world, randomly selected from this other bowl. You might also go with a classmate of yours. Let's start."

As Miss Bustier was calling the other students' name, I said to them; "I hope it's somewhere amazing."

"(Y/n), you have gone to the most amazing places. Where have you gone again?" Alya said. I thought about it and used my fingers to count the places I've been to as I said to her; "Hmm, let's see, here Paris, Versailles, Karatsu, uhm..."

I tried to think more but then I heard my name being called by Miss Bustier as she said; "(Y/n), you will be going to.... Malta."

"Wait, what?" I said to her with the happiest smile that I could smile. She said; "You know where it is, right?"

I said, with the happiest tone; "Of course. How can't I? A small Island with such an inspiring history background, architecture and -"

"Alright, calm down and sit down. I'll continue." Miss Bustier said. As she placed one hand in the name bowl and the other one in the country bowl. As she pulled both hands out of the bowl, read and said; "Marinette, you will be going to Malta with (Y/n)."

"Yes." Marinette and I said as we high five each other. Suddenly, my trident was started to glow white. I immediately cover it with my hands and as I was going out, I said to Miss Bustier; "Miss Bustier, I've gotta go to the bathroom. It'll be just a few minutes."

The Girls' Bathroom

As I ran into the bathroom, I checked if anyone was in there. Since no one was in there and I had already grabbed my trident, I grabbed it tightly and as it glows white, it turned into my trident.

As it appeared, I noticed that the side gems were blinking

As it appeared, I noticed that the side gems were blinking. As I touch the middle gem, a blue light comes out on each side of the side gems and shows me an image of my parents. I said to them; "Mother, Father. Is everything ok?"

"Yes, of course darling, and you?" My father said. I said to him; "Not that I'm complaining or anything at all, but why did you call me?"

"Well, we've been thinking about you and uhm... " My mum tried to say something as she looked at my father. My Father said; "We've been thinking that we could like to come on land and see you in Paris."

"Seriously, when?" I said so excitedly that bubbles appeared around me. They told me; "In 2 weeks."

"That's great." I said. Then Kōhaku poked me and showed me a picture of Malta from my phone as I almost forgot about it. I said to my parents; "Oh, I completely forgot. In 2 weeks I'm going to Malta for a student exchange programme."