Chapter 22 - The Puppeteer

Dupain-Cheng House, Marinette's room

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Marinette and I were babysitting Manon. I still remember her. The same girl during Adrien's photo session, when he tossed water at her but she ducked it and got water on me. Anyways, we were playing superheroes with puppets on the floor, which Marinette made. She made a puppet of Koi Fish, Chat Noir, Ladybug, Rogercop, Lady Wifi and Evillustrator. She did an amazing job on them. Marinette was holding the Ladybug and Chat Noir puppets, I was holding the Koi Fish puppet and Manon was holding the Rogercop, Lady Wifi and Evillustrator puppets. I kinda got jealous that I did get the Chat Noir puppet. Marinette pretended to be Chat Noir as 'he' said to Koi Fish; "Here I am, m'lady!"

"Glad to see you Chat Noir!" 'Koi Fish' said. 'Chat Noir' said; "Of course you are! I'm the cat's meow!"

Marinette meows and then Marinette and I giggle. Manon said to us; "He shouldn't say that!"

"No?" Marinette and I said to her. She frowns and shakes her head. 'Ladybug ' said; "This is no time to be goofing around, you two! We gotta capture the baddies' akumas before they- Actually, what do the baddies want?"

We looked at Manon to get her answer. Manon said; "Uh....we wanna win!"

"Yeah, but win what?" I said to her. Manon said; "I don't know. What do they usually want?"

"Depends. Lady Wifi wanted to reveal Koi FIsh's true identity and Evillustrator wanted to get revenge on a girl for making fun of him! Then there was Rogercop." I said. Then Marinette continues to say; "But the evil Hawk Moth, who makes them bad, wants to take Ladybug's , Koi Fish's and Chat Noir's jewels from them! Their Miraculouses!"

"And what would happen if he did get them?" Manon asked us. Marinette and I say; "The bad guys...would win!"

"I know! I know what the bad guys want! We want the Miraculous! Then we'll win! Forever and ever! I'm gonna get your Miraculous, Ladybug, Koi Fish and Chat Noir! You-you goody two-shoeses! You'll be super duper sorry!" Manon said as she stands up.

"You won't get our Miraculouses!" I said as Marinette and I stand up and run around in he room. As we ran next to Marinette's sofa, Manon said; "Oh yeah?"

As the dolls fight, Marinette's and my dolls wins. I said; "Yay! Ladybug, Koi Fish and Chat Noir have won again!"

"No fair! You always win!" Manon said as she starts sobbing. Marinette and I crouched down to Manon's level. Marinette said to her; "Ladybug, Koi Fish and Chat Noir always win, and the bad guys always lose."

"But you never let me play with Ladybug, Koi Fish and Chat Noir!" Manon said as she kept sobbing. I wonder why she didn't let her? See the sarcasm. I said to Manon; "Oh, don't cry! Of course you can play with Ladybug, Koi Fish and Cat Noir!"

"I'll even let you borrow one of them if you want." Marinette told her as she gave her the Ladybug doll. Nadja comes up on the stairs and enters Marinette's room. Nadja said; "I'm back Manon, have you been a good girl?"

"Mommy! Marinette and (Y/n) didn't let me win! They didn't play fair and square!" Manon said to her mother as she hugs her mother and cries even more.

"Oh Manon, you can't always expect to win!" Nadja said to her. Manon said to her mother; "Yes you can! Ladybug, Koi Fish and Chat Noir always win!"

"Well, you're right there! But they're superheroes!" Nadja said to her. I said to her; "You'll win next time, Manon!"

"Alright, now give the doll back to Marinette." Nadja said to her daughter. Manon refused to give back Ladybug to Marinette and Manon said; "NO! I wanna keep it!"