Chapter 46 - Despair Bear

Collège François Dupont

Miss Bustier's classroom.

I was in school with my classmates as we were watching Marinette's father, Tom Dupain teach us how to make pastries. As the lesson was going as so, Tom said to us; "I'll let you in on a little secret. I always add cream to the chocolate to make the ganache extra velvety. Then I let in fuse for one minute."

As Alya was recording Tom cooking for us, Diana whispered to Marinette; "I love it when your dad comes to class and gives us pastry lessons."

Marinette chuckles as she says; "So does he!"

"Urgh! Do they seriously think I'm going to get my hands dirty, cooking like some maid? If I want a croissant, I'd just make my butler get it for me." Chloé said in disgust. Rose said to her; "He's not making croissants, Chloé, those are macaroons!"

Ariana would love these. It is the only food that she can relate to: she is sweet and can fly and feel light like the light biscuit itself. Anyways, Tom continued the lesson as he said; "It's all done with a flick of the wrist. But you mustn't go too fast or you might splash yourself!"

"And soil my shèmale pants? Who's he kidding?" Chloé said in disgust. As tom shows us his mixture in the silver bowl, he said to us; "Look at this lovely emulsion."

We were all surprised with his beautiful texture. Rose said; "It's beautiful!"

While Tom was still showing us the texture, Marinette and I watch Chloé near the window as she dials someone on her phone and starts whispering. My attention was brought back to class as Tom said to Marinette; "Now we need to chill it for half an hour. Marinette?"

Marinette gasps as her dad calls her name and said to him; "Yes, dad?"

"Could you put this in the school cafeteria fridge for me, please? In the meantime, I'm going to show your friends how to whip up egg whites!" Her father said to her as he gave her the silver bowl with the ganache in it. As Chloé came back, Marinette took the bowl from his hands and she said to him; "Of course!"

As Marinette walks out of the classroom and closes the door behind her, Tom continues his lesson as he takes out 2 fresh eggs and separates the egg whites from the egg yolk, using the shell of the egg. As he starts to whip the eggs, using a whisk and holding the bowl in his left arm, we all gasp as we hear an alarm going off. The alarm bothered me so much that I had to cover my ear, but I couldn't move. Diana had to help me to go out. Miss Bustier said to us; "Quietly, students. Single file line, please. Just keep moving."

The alarm kept hurting my ears as it kept on ringing.

Diana's P.O.V.

The Auditorium

As the students in the school all leave consecutively and Chloé glares at Marinette, almost every student excuses themselves to move in a single file. As Tom went next to his daughter, he said; "I hope it's only a fire drill."

Marinette groans until she notices me helping (Y/n) to walk as the alarm was bothering her. As we were walking downstairs to the Auditorium, Marinette said to me; "Is (Y/n) alright? What's wrong?"

"Not every electronic device bothers her, but the alarm's electrical frequencies as so high, that they irritate a siren like her." I explained to Marinette while going downstairs. As everyone was in the auditorium after each other and the alarm went off, (Y/n) had to rub her head and get back to reality as it switched off.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

As I got back to reality and I saw every student and every teacher in the auditorium, Mr. Damocles is explaining the false situation to us as he says; "Some smart alec had the bright idea of calling the fire department."