Chapter 22

*Next day*

*No one’s POV*

Mia tried calling her mum that evening with Ashvina’s phone because she still didn’t know where hers was.

“Mum?” she called when she heard the other line pick up.

“Mia?” her mum sounded tired.

“Are you okay?” Mia got worried again.

“Um, hold on a second” Her mum replied and walked away from the phone, she heard a scream.

“MUM?!” she called loudly with tears in her eyes. And then, the line cut off.

Mia ran to the boy’s hotel room, where Ashvina was.

“I THINK MY MUM’S IN TROUBLE!” she shouted with tears running down her face.

“WHAT?!” Ashvina rose up and held Mia’s shoulders. “What happened?!” she tried but Mia just hugged Ashvina and sobbed onto her shoulder.

“Shhh, it’s going to be okay, we’ll figure out what’s going on down there” Ashvina tried to soothe her.

“Babe, we can help” Louis rubbed her back.

“Really?” she looked at Louis.

“We’ll promise, we’ll get to the bottom of this.” and with that, Mia was softly sobbing into Louis’ chest

“Thank you” she said quietly between sobs.

*Louis’ POV*

I made Mia a promise and I had to keep it. I cared about this girl, I couldn’t let her down. She sobbed in my chest as we sat at the couch while Ashvina made some calls back home to see what’s been going on. 

“Mhmm, yep, what? okay” was all she was saying on the phone at the kitchen bench.

“Wh-att-whatiff-” was all Mia was saying followed by the worst possible situations.

“Mia, it’s going to be okay I kissed her forehead and hugged her from the side as she lay down on my lap.

Harry and Niall were checking on the internet for things that have been happening in the girls area and Zayn was with Liam sitting beside Ashvina, trying to make sure she wouldn’t start crying aswell.

“The only thing that comes up is that same guy who’s hiding from the cops” Niall reported from the dining table with Harry.

“Do they know his name?” I asked curiously

“Steven Smith” Harry replied with his eyes still on the screen. Mia gasped with that answer.

“Ste-ste-steven?!” she got off me and shot her eyes to Ashvina.

“It can’t be” Ashvina hung up and mouthed.

Mia collapsed back on the chair beside me and bursted out into tears. Ashvina quickly came over to her side and I hugged her again. I looked over at the boys, they looked as confused as I felt. After Mia had gone to the hotel to look for her phone once again with Harry, (who was back to himself after he knew Mia and I had a little thing) I asked Ashvina who Steven was...

“So um, Ash, what the hell just happened?!” I raised my voice without even realizing.

“Steven is Mia’s mum’s ex partner who tried to rape Mia” she said quietly while putting her hand over her mouth.

“That ass” I swore under my breath.

“Mia’s mum caught him and called the police, he tried to kill Ms Bergles after he escaped two years ago but was caught again by police. He’s supposed to be serving a life sentance but somehow keeps escaping. That’s why Mia’s worried, he swore revenge on them.” Ash had tears forming in her eyes.

“That fucking, son of a bitch!” I scoffed while pulling Ashvina into a friendly hug.

“Thanks Lou, you always know how to make me feel better” she sighed with her dampened cheeks.

“Umm, should I be worried..” Zayn walked out of the bedroom to see us hugging.

“Don’t worry babe, Louis’ just being friendly” She got up smiled and pecked his lips quickly.

“Ugh” Liam hit his head against the wall purposely. 

“Um Liam..?” Ashvina went over to him concerned, “You alright?”

“Oh, um, yeah, I’m fine, just need to take a nap, need to get my head straight” he sighed grumpily.

“Okay then?” he just cut her off, this didn’t seem like Liam.. I didn’t think too much of it though.

“Guys, I can’t find my phone?” Mia walked in, looking exhausted.

“You can use mine, I have another one in my room as a spare?” I suggested.

“Thanks Lou, I need to get some things, sort out” she sighed heavily with tears starting to strem down her face, it killed me seeing her in this much pain. 

“Come here” I called her over into my arms “I love you” she whispered, “I love you too.”