Chapter 39

*Louis’ POV*

“Um..Hi” Mia’s smiles awkwardly and hugs Harry then me. As we watch her take a seat on the couch, I excuse myself and nod at Harry to join me.

“What’s up mate?” he asks casually as we make ourselves out to the balcony at Zayn’s flat.

“Well Harry, you’re my absolute best mate, you know that right?”

“Yeah, of course” he smiles back.

“Well, I may sound a little crazy here but um, is there something going on with you and Mia?” I went straight to the point.

“Mia?” he seemed a little taken aback.

“Yes, Mia, Mia Bergles, sitting on the couch, best friends with Ashvina, that Mia.”

“Um.. not that i know of..” his eyes avoided contact with mine, something was up.

“Are you sure? I saw the way she looked at you..”

“Just asking.. why are you so interested?” he shot back.

“Me? Oh um, well..” I didn’t know what to say. I’m her boyfriend! I wanted to yell back, but I couldn’t since Mia hadn’t told anyone yet. But then again, lying to my best mate wasn’t the best thing to do either. “I have feelings for her, fairly strong ones too” this was the truth, no lying.

“Oh um.. well yeah, okay” he started to make his way back inside.

“Look Harry, I’m sorry” I sighed at the realization of how blunt I’d been. “I shouldn’t have been so rough on you” even though you’re not telling me the truth.

“All good man” he shot a smile and we both made our way back inside to where everyone in the group sat. For some reason, Ashvina looked, I don’t know how to put it.. not comfortable I guess you could say.

“Hey Ash you okay?” I said a little too loud because suddenly everyone was looking at the two of us. Her cheeks flushed with the attention and smiled weakly at me saying that she’s fine. Why was everyone acting so strange today?