Chapter 23

Chapter 23

*Mia’s POV*

*Rehearsals for tour*

“5,6,7,8” Our choreographer Elena called from the bottom left corner from the stage. We were rehearsing Another World. Ashvina, Eliza, Sam and I glided across the stage landing a perfect leap and stopping in time perfectly. The boys sung at the front of the stage as we leapt around as if it was the easiest thing possible.

The song finished at Elena congratulated us with applause.

“You girls are truly amazing. I think that was the first time we’ve gotten it spotless!” she came to give us hugs. She was the sweetest, always praising us and hugging when we needed it. She was more of a friend than a boss.

“You three were so great!” Sam smiled as she took a sip of her gatorade.

“Thank you. I can’t believe how good we all looked!” Ashvina beamed.

“Any improvements?” Eliza shot at Elena, she was nice but always wanted to be better even though she was probably the best out of all of us.

“Not at all, only smiling, other than that, perfect!” Elena assured her but Eliza didn’t seem so sure.

“You were amazing babe” Zayn picked up Ash with a massive hug.

“Like you could see anything I’m doing behind you” she giggled in his arms, they were so cute.

“You were so good!” Louis kissed my cheek

“Aw, your singing was amazing Lou” I smiled.

“I loved it!” Niall ran up to us followed by Liam and a unhappy Harry.

“Um yeah..” Harry mumbled. Things just got awkward...

“Um okay... you guys want to go out to coffee after this” I spoke up trying to avoid any tension.

“Yeah, I could really use an energy hit” Liam panted.

“Definitely” Niall agreed

“Um, I’m just going to go home an rest” Harry ran a hand through his perfect curls.

“I’ll be there if you’re going” Ashvina told Zayn, we all laughed as he kissed her cheek.

“Oh get a room!” Louis called hugged me from behind. We al laughed again as Ashvina and Zayn blushed.

“Positions girls!” Elena called from the sound system and we walked over to the back of the stage as the boys started at center stage.

It feels like we’ve been living in fast forward, another moment passing by, Up all night.

We jolted with the sound of Liam’s voice perfecting a rally of kicks and jumps.

Katy Perry’s on replay, she’s on reply

We spun and landed on the ground

I wanna stay,

Up all night and jump around until we see the sun,

I wanna stay up all night and find a girl and tell her she’s the one.

Lou looked directly at me as he sung that line, I blushed but managed not to stop dancing. I tried to stay focused but I couldn’t help see Harry’s face stare sadly at me while I kept dancing.

Of course at the end of the song Louis had to do his famous Hip Thrust which made the rest of us laugh.

“Good Job guys!” Mark, One Direction’s manager called to them.

“My girls were pretty spectacular” Elena playfully nudged Mark.

“Oh of course!” he laughed in his thick british accent.

Sam, Eliza, Ash and I were doubled over, panting while the guys gave each other high fives at their rehearsal.

I went to grab my stuff seeing Harry beside me packing away his jacket into his red Nike bag.

“Harry, I know you have feelings for me, but I’m sorry, I just don’t feel the same way” I said in a voice full of quilt. I felt sorry that I was avoiding him but I wanted to clear things up.

“Yeah, I think I realised that, I’m sorry for being a pain in the arse, we still friends right?” He held out his arms in a friendly way, of course I had to take it.

“Of course! No way that I would stop being friends with you!” I wrapped my arms around him friendly.

“Thank god” he chuckled as he pulled away.

“You still don’t want to come to coffee?” I offered.

“Nah, I’m knackered, bring me a muffin on the way back?” he headed for the door.

“Sure” I waved him bye and smiled.

I walked out to join the others who had all their stuff and looked like they were having a very deep conversation but stopped suddenly when they saw me.

“Um, everything alright?”

“Um yeah, every things fine” Niall smiled nervously, I could tell he was lying.

“I need to tell you something Mia...” Ashvina looked terrified. I was so confused.

“Umm.. okay..” I waited.

“It’s about your mum...” Ashvina dragged on.

“Is she okay?!!?” I smiled hoping for good news.

“They-the-they” Ashvina stuttered “I can’t do this.” she looked at the boys.

“They found her body love,” Louis came up to me and held my hands.

“The-they what?” I felt tears building up.

“I’m so sorry!” Ashvina came up to me and squeezed me. 

My mum, the one who’s been there for me the whole time, let me fly to London, given me everything I’ve ever wanted, was dead. The tears started streaming down my face, I couldn’t help but scream and shudder into Ashvina’s shoulder. I looked to the others, they looked heartbroken, they cared so much about me and they had to witness my massive episode, true friends right there. I jumped to Louis and sobbed for another half an hour in his chest, everyone surrounded us and bowed their heads in respect. I couldn’t believe that my own mother was gone, forever.

Tears kept falling and my throat was hurting from the screams. Louis just sat there and hugged me, I couldn’t believe he was just letting me sit on him, sobbing into his favourite striped shirt. I wiped the tears that were still pouring and looked at my friends and then at Louis. 

“There there” he smiled weakly and wiped my dampened cheeks with his thumbs. I guess the others could see that we were about to have a moment so they made up a stupid excuse and shuffled over to the other side of the arena.

“ Don’t worry love, at least we know that she’s in a better place”

“How do we know that?” I said stubbornly curled into his arms.

“Well, we definitely know that it’s better because she’s done anything a mother ever should, brought up a beautiful child and made sure that they were okay.” he stroked my cheek. I felt the tears coming back.

“I’m going to miss her..” one more single tear fell down, he wiped it away.

“I know” he kissed my forehead while I thought of my beloved Mum.

“I love you Mia, always know that” Louis spoke softly into my ear.

“I love you too” I moved my face and placed my lips on his. He kissed me back.

Here I was, sitting in Louis Tomlinson’s lap, kissing, after crying the most I ever had after hearing the most terrible news I’ve ever heard, at an arena, while I was practicing for the One Direction Tour, in London. I don’t know what to think now.