Reunion

AN: New chapter! I'm sorry this took so long. My grandma passed and I've been in mourning. But I'm feeling better now.

>|<>|<>|<

I pulled my phone out of my bag and called Edward. I hoped that what he'd say would have me flying towards Forks soon. I'd have a hard time waiting three more days. I just wanted to see and feel Edward.

The phone didn't even ring one time before Edward picked up.

"Bella?" he murmured.

"Hi Edward," I said, trying to consider how I'd phrase my words.

He sighed. "It's good to hear you, love. Alice saw your decision. She said that as long as you stay out of public you can come home right away."

"Okay," I breathed.

Not wanting to wait, I took off into the air while holding the phone to my ear.

"I'm on my way," I told him.

"Good. I can't wait to hold you in my arms again," he said longingly. I had to agree with him.

"Same here," I said.

"Alice says you'll be home in five hours," he said. I heard the eagerness in his voice.

"Something like that," I muttered, speeding up. The sooner I was home, the better.

"I'll leave you to it then. I love you." His words warmed the cockles of my avian heart.

"I love you too. See you soon," I said wistfully.

"See you," he murmured, before hanging up.

I did a lot of flying before I reached my destination, but five hours later I was staring at Cullen house down below me. Edward was standing on the porch, staring at me in the sky. I waved, before tucking in my wings and free falling. Once I was a few feet from the porch I snapped out my wings and beat them lightly, allowing me to land lightly on my feet.

The instant I touched ground, Edward was wrapped all around me. I smiled into his chest as he peppered my head with kisses. I'd missed him so much. I was home now.

"Bella," he sighed. He tilted my head up with his hand and I looked into his golden eyes.

"Welcome home," he murmured lovingly. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I said.

Edward looked toward the house and chuckled.

"We should head inside, the entire family wants to see you. They missed you too." I nodded at his words.

We both head inside, hands weaved together. His thumb rubbed soothing circles on the back of my left hand. I followed the movement of his cold skin with my mind as we went through the house.

When we arrived in the living room, Alice was the first one to leap out and hug me. My breath left me in a whoosh as Alice clung to me and her words rushed out.

"Bella! We all missed you so much! Please don't ever leave us again. Edward was a huge mess. You're the best sister ever. Even if Rosalie doesn't-" I cut her off.

"Alice! Calm down. I'm here now, aren't I? Besides, we all know what would have happened if I hadn't left to get the erasers off my tail," I said to comfort my best friend.

"Yea, you have a point," she sighed, scrunching her nose up in a look of distaste. "I hate wolves."

"No argument there," I said, laughing. I wondered if that was the last we see of them for hopefully a long time.

Maybe the erasers wouldn't show their face here ever again. They knew I was smart enough to stay away. They knew I didn't like returning to places where they'd found me. Maybe, just maybe, that would be enough to keep them away.