Home Sweet Home

AN: Welcome readers! I'm new on Wattpad but I can promise I have a few years of writing fanfiction under my belt. This story has Maximum Ride elements, but in no way has Maximum Ride characters. The first chapters might be short, but they might get longer as we go along.

There is something else lurking in Fork's forests other than the friendly Cullen's. When someone new and unexpected starts going to Fork's High School, everyone will be surprised at how gifted the girl is. Has Edward found his true love?

>|<>|<>|<

I sighed as I looked around the forest. I'd just arrived yet I already felt wary about the place. Sometimes being like me was super hard. Life has certainly not been easy on me. If I had to be truthful, I'd say that I wished I was normal and not the way I am. But I never had good luck, so that was out.

I walked back to my little house set in the middle of the woods. It might seem strange but I liked being surrounded by trees. Especially since I had a natural affinity for the woods. I guess you can blame them for that.

You might be wondering who they are.

One word, scientists.

Or my preferable nickname for them, white coats.

It all started before I was born. They injected me with avian DNA while I was still in my mother's womb and when I was born stole me from her. After all, she couldn't know how special I was. And special I was, equipped with everything needed to fly.

It might be someone's dream come true to have what I have, but for me it was my worst nightmare. And that was mostly because everyday I wished to be normal, to fit in and have a family. I've been alone my entire life, constantly on the run from the white coats.

Oh how I wished life was easy.

I entered through the doorway of my new home. I didn't really own it, but I'd been dragging in things that I'd find. Like a mattress or sheets that had been thrown away. Don't ask, I have to make due with what's available.

There was a large white house not too far from the cottage. I was sure people lived in it but something kept me from getting close enough to check it out. The flight instinct was enough that I wondered if they were even completely human. More than likely not, what with how my life was.

I sighed as I headed to the bathroom in my humble home. I peered at myself in the large mirror, and wondered why I was so antisocial. It was kinda obvious though. I couldn't trust anyone due to erasers. They were half man, half wolf creatures that could look like a normal person, or a humanoid wolf creature that looked a little deformed and more than a little freaky.

They were like the white coats guarding and hunting dogs. They hunted down the escaped experiments and guarded the white coats. The good thing was that they had short lives, averaging at seven years. That meant that they had to be created often, in order to keep up.

I sighed, wishing I could just have a friend. Someone to tell me that everything would be okay. Someone to soothe all my hurts. Maybe a mother figure or a lover. I'd never have that though. Too much risk for whoever that would be. And I'm sure that they wouldn't appreciate a life on the run.

I walked out of the bathroom, through the small living room, and outside the front door. Taking a deep breathe in, I inhaled the wet smell of the forest. I wanted to visit my neighbors, but again that deeply rooted flight instinct kept me from doing so. I guess if they had kids I'd see them at school then.

Instead, I had to find a ride to get to and from school easily. A bike would work, though I'd get rained on. Oh well, better than having to pay for gas.

I unfurled my fourteen foot wings and smiled when I saw them. The long primary feathers were a snow white, but the secondary feathers were a dusky grey. You can see why I couldn't show up for school with them out.

Taking another deep breathe, I launched myself into the mid afternoon sky.