First Kiss

AN: Sorry for the long wait, my irola tablet died and I got a Nook HD. Enjoy the chapter, and I promise to update more often.

>|<>|<>|<

We arrived home, and Edward hauled our goodies inside while I followed at a leisurely pace behind him.

"Did you have a good time?" Alice asked when I entered the house.

"Yea." I smiled when she enthusiastically hugged me.

When Edward was finished hauling everything in, he stood by me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I love you," he said.

"Mmm, love you too," I hummed.

I twisted my head around to look him in the eyes. His golden eyes glimmered lovingly. He began to slowly lean forward. My breath caught in my throat. Was he going to kiss me?

Then his cold lips pressed against mine, and I was lost in a heaven I'd never known. It was so wonderful, so blissful. As we kissed, I lost track of time, only focusing on him.

He finally pulled back from the kiss and he smiled at me. I slowly smiled back. This thing between us could work out, I had to hope. After all, I was starting to realize that life wouldn't be good without him. I wouldn't exist without him.

"Was that okay?" Edward asked, a loving look in his eyes.

"Yes," I breathed, still reveling in my first kiss. I had a hard time believing it had actually happened. But still, it was wonderful and so perfect.

"Good," Edward said, satisfied.

I headed over to my room, sensing Edward following me. I sighed, as I wondered how much longer I could evade the erasers. They'd find me soon enough, and then I'd have to leave. My stomach twisted, I'd have to tell Edward sooner or later. How would he take it? Would he run with me? What kind of horrors awaited our tentative relationship?

"Bella," Edward began, "Can you tell me more about this school?"

I tensed, turning around to look at him.

"You sure you want to know? It's the place of nightmares," I asked him. I licked my dry lips, feeling the memories waiting just below the surface.

"Yes," Edward whispered, "I want to know more."

"Alright, take a seat. This isn't happy stuff, I'm telling you," I said with a grimace.

Edward sat down on my bed, and I moved to be beside him.

"First off, the School is a place I wouldn't wish my worst enemies to be. The place is so full of nightmares, of the deaths of experiments gone wrong, that I'd never want to step foot in there. I know what's like, I was experimented on so much, that severe pain that the ordinary person wouldn't be able to handle, became easy to endure.

"My pain tolerance is high Edward, so high that you would cringe at it. I was born there, I was a test tube baby. I have no clue who my parents are exactly, sure Charlie Swan might be my dad but... who is my mom? Do I have siblings? I'll probably never know," I paused, chewing on my lower lip.

"You have me. You have the rest of my family," Edward whispered comfortingly.

"That's true," I whispered back.

I had him. I had the family. In the end, that's all that mattered.