Raptor Sight

AN: No flying lessons yet, they gotta get a certain chip out before they focus on that. But soon, I promise.

∞♥♪♥♪♥♪♥∞

The next morning I woke up with Edward's wings around me again. I sighed and snuggled into him.

"Good morning my love," he greeted, kissing my forehead.

"Hmm," I slurred, still half asleep.

Edward chuckled, tightening his arms around me.

It took me a moment, but I managed to wake up enough to try and sit up. Edward folded his wings in response.

Alice came bouncing through the door, jumping on the bed.

"When are you giving Edward flying lessons? Everyone wants to watch," she said excitedly.

"After I've eaten, and gotten ready for the day," I told her.

"Yay!" Alice exclaimed, bouncing off the bed and running out of the room. I rolled my eyes at her retreating back.

"I'll cook you some food while you get ready," Edward said.

I looked up at him, and he took my hand in his, before pressing a chaste kiss to my lips.

"Alright," I said once he pulled back. He nodded and then was gone.

I got up and found the bathroom after a few minutes of searching. It was connected to the room we had been sharing. I quickly showered, dressed, brushed my teeth and hair, and washed my face. Satisfied, I began to search for the kitchen.

Following the winding hallway, I emerged into the living room. Looking around, I noticed a room with a dining table and chairs, and headed that way. I found Edward around the corner, standing in front of a stove. Esme was beside him, buttering some toast.

"Morning Bella," she said, turning from the food that she was making.

I sniffed, smelling hash browns, eggs, and bacon.

"That smells good," I said. I paused, "Let me guess, hash browns, eggs, and bacon?"

"How did you know?" Esme said, her eyebrows raised in surprise.

Edward chuckled, his shoulders shaking.

I tapped my nose, "I got the nose of a bird of prey. Or raptor really. All my senses are enhanced a bit," I explained.

"Oh," Esme said, turning back to the food.

Edward turned toward me, his lips pursued.

"Just how enhanced are your senses Bella?" he asked.

I walked up to him.

"Focus on my eyes," I said.

Edward nodded, our eyes making contact. I honed in on him, focusing on his eyes—knowing that my pupils would be dilating.

Edward's eyebrows shot up.

"Your pupils dilated," he said. "What exactly are you doing?"

"Honing in on you," I explained. I zoomed back out, my pupils returning to normal, no doubt. "My eyesight is as sharp as a raptors. Possible sharper. When I'm up in the sky, I can zoom in and out of people on the ground."

Edward rocked back on his heels. I knew he was surprised, I could see it on his face.

"That's something else," he said with a warm smile my way. He returned back to my food, and within minutes the table was set, and I was eating.

∞♥♪♥♪♥♪♥∞

As I ate, I told them about the chip located behind my ear. A family meeting was quickly called after I had finished.

"So this chip enables them to track you, and to keep up to date on things such as how fast you fly?" Carlisle questioned.

I nodded quickly.

"Yes, you need to get it out and heading south as soon as possible. The farther away from here, and the quicker, the better. Once the School has regrouped, they will try and track me." I turned Alice. "Have you seen anything regarding the School?"

Alice sighed.

"You should have told us sooner," she scolded me. "They haven't regrouped yet, but they plan to, and soon. We've got to get that thing out! If we don't I see that they'll find us, and all because of a stinking chip."

I nodded, "Who's willing to cut it out?"

Beside me, Edward blanched.

"May I see?" Carlisle asked.

"Sure." I blew out a breath.

Carlisle walked around the table to crouch beside me and I pushed my hair back.

He studied it for a few minutes, gently prodding at the skin.

"It's right under the skin, so I figure I could have it out in a few minutes. But where would we put it, considering its still going to continue tracking?" he said, trailing off in thought.

Alice's eyes glazed over. After her vision passed she looked around. "The small operation will go smoothly, and I see us putting the chip on a car on a plane heading back up north to Tennessee." She grinned. "Not to mention the sun has decided to hide out for the day, its to going to rain."

"Smart," Jasper said.

The rest of the family nodded.

"Come with me Bella and we'll get started," Carlisle said.

I nodded and got from the table. Carlisle led the way out of the room and I followed, with Edward hot on my heels.

Let the game begin.