He's Interested

AN: Here's chapter thirteen. Also, I'd like to warn you that my tablet is in delicate condition. So if I miss several days, assume my tablet is dead. That and school has just started back up, so sorry if I miss a day due to homework. :)

>|<>|<>|<

After a while of chatting with the Cullens, the bell rang. I gathered up my stuff and dumped my tray. I was glad to be heading to my next class, it had the added benefit of sitting next to Edward. That and I was starting to like school.

Edward followed, and when we got in the classroom he held out for me. I sat and rolled my eyes. I guess chivalry wasn't dead.

"How have you been?" Edward asked as we worked.

"Good," I told him. "I'm settling in okay."

'Better than I thought I would,' I thought.

Edward smiled. I could see it reflected in his golden eyes.

"And you?" I asked him.

"I've been very good. I'm pleased you chose to move in with us," he informed me.

I wasn't sure how to respond to the last bit. He actually wanted me to be in his house. Surprise, surprise, I guess.

"Alright," I finally decided on saying. "I'm happy you want me there."

Edward chuckle then he voiced his next words.

"Would you join me for a trip to Seattle for some books and music today after school?" he asked with a now broad smile. Like he was positive of my response.

"Sure," I said after thinking it over for a few moments.

I couldn't remember the last time I read or listened to music. So this would be a real treat. I've never really gotten to because of being on the run from Erasers. It was risky what I was doing considering the Erasers could overwhelm the Cullens just by sheer numbers alone.

I've once woken up and stood in front of an army of more than two hundred Erasers alone. My chances were so slim, I took flight in an instant and didn't look back. The only thing preventing them from following me was that they didn't have wings.

"Great!" Edward said happily. "After school we'll leave. It's a couple hour drive but with my driving we can get there in one."

And I could get there in twenty minutes tops just by flying alone. Note the sarcasm.

"That sounds good," I told him, this time with a wide smile.

The bell rang just then. Edward and I gathered our stuff and left for our next class.

I couldn't wait for our little trip.

Books, here I come.