They've Found Me

AN: Prepare yourselves. The horrible part of the rollercoaster ride starts here. O:-)

>|<>|<>|<

I opened my eyes to bright sunshine. Turning my head, I saw Edward laying beside me, his head propped up by his arm. The sight of the sun casting down on him was breathtaking. The sun reflected on his skin, making his skin look like millions of diamonds were imbedded in him, reflecting the light.

I couldn't help it, I gasped.

Edward's lips spread into a frown.

"This is what happens to us in the sun." He closed his eyes. "It's the skin of a monster."

I scooted up close to him and unfurled my left wing, folding it over him.

"You are not a monster," I told him. "You are anything but."

He sighed.

"I'm damned Bella. I don't have a soul. I've killed human beings. Granted it was a very long time ago, but I still killed. There is no doubt I won't be going to heaven after this life," he told me, stoic faced.

I couldn't ever believe heaven was not the place for Edward. He'd given me a home when I'd needed him. He gave me a family. He gave me himself. And if that wasn't enough, he gave me his heart to keep and cherish, knowing it was in trusted hands.

I cupped his face in my hands.

"You are not damned! And I know you have a soul Edward, because you're so much good and better than people that are human monsters. Believe it or not, I've killed too, when it came down to me or them... life or death. There is a heaven out there for us Edward, and when that time comes, far in the future, we will enter it together," I said fervently to him.

I refused to let him walk this path alone.

Edward sighed loudly.

"I love you," he murmured, "Whatever happens in the future happens."

"I agree." I kissed his lips. "I love you too."

>|<>|<>|<

The rest of the morning passed by quickly. I got dressed, ate breakfast, and then was in Edward's Volvo as I drove myself to school. The Cullen's couldn't come due to the sun.

I stepped out of the Volvo when I arrived at the school, looking up at the rare glimpse of sun. Part of me wanted the sun to go away, so the Cullen's could come to school. But I knew that wasn't likely.

I headed toward my first class of the day when the bell rang, allowing the day to pass while waiting for something interesting to happen. I got my wish during lunch, in the crowded cafeteria.

I was standing in line waiting to get my tray of food, watching the other students interacting with friends. I turned my head to look forward again, when the sound of popping glass and screaming sounded. I snapped my head around, only to see erasers jumping through the newly broken windows.

I widened my eyes at the sight of erasers, at their snarling faces and gleaming blood red eyes. I could only thinking one thing as I stood there, terrified and ready to bolt.

They've found me.