What Are You Doing Here

AN: I'd love it if people commented or voted. :)

>|<>|<>|<

After school got out I headed to my bike and began the ride home. As I pedaled down the road I thought about the conversions I'd had with the Cullen's and then Edward. I couldn't believe Edward was adopted. I wanted to but everything was off about him. I was positive the Cullen's weren't human.

The question of the matter was this. What are they?

I arrived at the dirt road that lead to the cottage.

Sighing to myself when it began to rain, I followed the worn path. It looked striking against the green foliage of plants. I smiled to myself when I arrived at the cottage, only to frown when I noticed two figures. standing in front of the place I made home. What were they doing here?

Edward and Alice Cullen looked mad when they saw me. I don't know why but it must be serious for them to look like that.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them. I pushed out the kickstand and slid off my bike.

"Did you know this cottage is part of our family's property?" Edward asked.

I shook my head.

"No," I said honestly.

Alice butted in.

"What Edward is trying to say is that you are trespassing," Alice told me, and she put her hands on her hips.

"Well sorry," I snapped. "And here I thought I made some friends."

Maybe I should just leave. It was clear I was not welcome. I sighed and shook my head, disgusted with myself for letting my emotional guard down. I was going to harden my heart from here on out.

I headed inside the cottage to grab a few things.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Edward asked.

"Leaving," I said flatly, not turning to face him when I heard him following me.

I grabbed a few changes of clothes and some personal things I'd found before stuffing it in my backpack.

"Maybe we can work something out," Edward suggested.

I snorted at that and looked up.

"Like what? Me paying you? I'm afraid to inform you that I don't have anything to give you," I told him.

"If you really don't have anything, maybe you can live with me and my family," he offered. I took a moment to really look at him.

He looked honest. Like he really wanted to help. Just minutes ago he was ready to kick me out and now he was offering to let me live with him? Could I trust him? I've allowed myself to trust people in the past and I only got hurt.

But I was starting to see that the Cullen's were different.

"Yes," I said. I took a deep breath. "Yes, I'll live with your family."

I hoped I wouldn't regret this.