Chapter 19

Chapter 19

 -

(Not Edited)

-

He looked amazed at the place. But then his head clicked. “I’m sorry…” he muttered looking away. I smiled and said its okay. “This place is amazing! Did you draw and sketch all these.”

“Yup.” I popped the p.

“Is this him?” he asked pointing at the pictures.

“Yup.” I popped the p again.

“His older than you right?”

“Yup.” Yes you guessed it popped the p again.

“How long has this been her?”

“Y- for years. Since I was seven.” I muttered.

“Wow… you guys looked pretty close.” Pretty close was an understatement to what we actually were. But I just said we were.

“Did he tell you where he went, wait… he isn’t dead is he?” he asked while wincing. I almost fell out of the tree. “NO!” I panicked.  Well I hope his not. Oh my god what if he is? What do I do? He can’t be. Oh god, oh god!!!

I took out my inhaler and relaxed. “Dammit. Sorry again. Didn’t know it.” he slapped his forehead. He smirked at me when he saw the picture of the two of us. “May I ask why this is here?”

I avoided his eyes and looked at my boots instead. “B-because…I had a really good time that die… the best in a while.” I whispered the last bit. Hoping he didn’t hear me. But when I looked up his face softened and his smile grew. “I’m not going to ask you again about the bruises but I’m going to help you he said randomly. He jumped down, and I slipped of the branch I was on and called out. “Trust test.” He looked up and I jumped down. He caught me. “You know I could’ve let you fall?”

“But you didn’t.”

“But I could have.”

“Yet again you didn’t.”

We grinned at each other. “Okay let’s get started.”

***

After an hour of pure tiredness, yet a lot of knowledge about self-defence; he let me go. With, ‘tomorrow, six o’clock sharp.’ He ruffled my hair and let me go. I’ll show him tomorrow.

I walked back to Kai’s house and got in through the window because I forgot to unlock the back door. Don’t worry it wasn’t too hard, I have kind of done it so many times. And I was back to the first hour after Kai left. The first base. On the black leather couch.

But then an idea popped in my head. I got up and walked to the stereo. I haven’t danced in a while. Only Luke knows about my dancing we use to do a lot of it. But he obviously wasn’t good. He had like two left foots. I pulled off Kai’s shirt and I was in my singlet that I found folded on the bedside before I went for a walk.

"Chandelier" by Sia was on. Perfect.

‘Party girls don't get hurt

Can't feel anything, when will I learn

I push it down, push it down’

I started leaping around leaning back far enough to touch the ground the bridge and flipped over and just plain twirling around.

‘I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist