Chapter 36

Chapter 36

(NOT EDITED)

I had to admit it they were pretty good, I mean who would think this old warehouse can be the headquarters for a secret agents organisation. I know I wouldn’t. To enter they had to rearrange barrels into an ‘X’ shape. Five very long barrels, then they open, and you need to stand in this lit up tube, which sucks you down, to the under grounds.

I refused into the beginning not wanting to get into something so tight, but then Blade, called me ‘such a wimpy girl,’ which I whacked him on the neck and pushed him aside, only to prove to him girls can be as strong as males.

Luke and Jackie rearranged the X into their original position, as they did so I turned to Blade. “Who are the squad 3?”

“Four assholes, that always seem to be around to try to ruin all our missions, yet they get away with it.” Jackie whispered from behind me. “Always watching.” A chill ran down my spine. He walked passed me walking towards the exit.

“That means if you ever see or meet them you turn around and walk away, they’re nothing but trouble.” Luke warned. They walked out, I followed close behind them, the cool night air was calm and cool.

“How do I know who they are-” I cut off my whisper to Blade when I heard shuffling coming from the dark alleyway at the left side of the warehouse. I felt someone’s gaze burn the back of my neck. I felt someone watching.

“Well, well, well. Would you look at that?” I spun around only to be faced by a grinning muscle boy, a bit older than me, maybe Luke’s age? He had the greyest eyes I’ve ever seen, with shining light brown hair, even though it was dark, outside the abandon looking factory that hides many secrets underneath. I felt his eyes pierce through me like I’m his next meal.

“Looks like you got a new chick on your team, I thought you guys were on break, how’d you find her?”

Who does this guy think he is? I’m right here. “Fuck off, Greyer.” Blade sneered as Luke grabbed me from the behind, pulling me to his side. “If worse comes to worse. You run, okay?” What does he mean? Who is that guy? Is he part of squad 3? I nodded my head.

“What, I mean no harm.”

“Bullshit, I think we made it clear enough, get lost.” Jackie stepped up to stand next to Luke.

He took a few steps closer, I stepped closer to Luke. He gave me the chills. Two more guys emerged from the shadows, and joined him. “What’s up Mike? You good?” The one on his left asked Greyer? Or Mike? Who cares?

“Just checking out that hot new chick, isn’t she something?” I stepped behind Luke trying to cover up. I hate when guys look at me that way.

“Watch it!” Luke spoke through gritted teeth. I should’ve ridden off with Felix and Pixel, ten minutes ago.

“Luke, can we please just leave, please?” I stood on the tips of my toes and whispered in his ears, begging him. He’s stance relaxed a bit. “Please?” I tried again. He let out a deep breath. “Come on guys.” Luke muttered a bit annoyed. I don’t care better safe than sorry? Better a coward than dead.

Luke started walking everyone soon following; I took a quick glance back, bad choice. Before I could walk a few steps, I felt someone roughly grab my bandaged wrist and tug me back. I gasped in pain. “Let go,” I tried to swing at his face, but he caught my other wrist.

“Hot and feisty. Nice.” He stroked me cheek, making me flinch. “I said let go!” I kicked him where it hurt at the same time as Luke punched him square in the face. He doubled over in pain, that’s when the other two guys moved in on Luke. “Go.” He gave me a quick hug and ran off to the nearby boy. One more guy came from the alley way and both Blade and Jackie went to Luke’s rescue.