Chapter 21

Chapter 21

(NOT EDITED)

I’ve always wondered how it would feel to get shot. If you get hit by a bullet will it hurt? 

Well my answer to that is no? I feel strangely numb. Nothing, like at all. It felt like I didn’t even get shot. I felt my torso. 

Nothing.

As if I didn’t get shot.

 Wait I didn’t get shot.

 I’M NOT DEAD! 

Instead, I heard loud laughter. 

Kai’s laughter. 

“Oh my god! Look at your face!” He tried to breathe through his laughter, he was on the floor. 

“KAI! WHAT THE HELL!” I breathed out. 

“No one said payback was going to be easy.”

I was curious and confused, and my heart was pounding, but I couldn’t help but smile. 

“One question how the fu-”

The loud sound of gunfire sounded again but this time, I didn’t panic so hard. He did it with his mouth. My eyes widened.

I kneeled down beside him. “Oh my god. Do that again!” 

And he did. Awesome. 

“What else can you do?” He was lying on the floor and I didn’t realize how close I was. He looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes. He got up on his elbow facing me. 

I was clearly confused. What did I say?

He was leaning in, almost on top of me. I panicked. What’s he doing? His face was only inches away. Oh his about to…oh god, but I don’t know how to there’s rules and stuff right? I looked into his eyes, which stupid because I couldn’t look away I love his eyes. 

“KAI I’M HOME- oh shit! At least close the door, and put up a sign saying keep out hormones gone wild or something.” 

Oh fuck… this is freaken awkward, Kai sat up fast from the sudden outburst, and I turned beetroot. I covered my face I’ve never felt this embarrassed like ever. 

“Muuuummm, oh god… you’re a crazy human.” Kai muttered and groaned.

“Love you too Kiki, naaaww Gabby you don’t need to be embarrassed.” I looked at her.

“Psst Kai, don’t forget protection!” she whispered sternly. Before innocently skipping away. “MUUUUM…” 

Oh god, Grace you’re one of a kind. This is awkward. I quickly got up. “umm… I should get going.” Before he could respond I ran for it. “GABRIELLA!” Kai kept calling me even after I ran for the streets. 

I ran and ran through the streets, into town.  My stomach growled, other than the banana I had in the morning I ate nothing. Except for the apple Kai forced me to eat at lunch, because I wouldn’t eat anything else. 

He threatened me that he would keep using pickup lines for the rest of lunchtime, I had to give in. come on you would to right? I walked up to the bakery that I went to a few weeks back and walked in I had a whole hour and a half to waste before I need to go meet up with Bruce. I walked up to the front. There wasn’t anyone there. I sighed and leaned on the counter waiting.

 A full thirty seconds past and I was getting impatient. Yes I’m very impatient especially when I’m not in the mood for thing like today. I let my head drop onto my arms. So you could imagine how I looked heads down leaning against the counter.