Chapter 26

Apparently a lot of you guys got confused about too many POVs and ladidadida soo this chapter is in Lukes  POV

Chapter 26

They were getting away.

Lottie.

I swam faster.

Water began flooding my ears and my vision as I tried to keep my eyes on the movin boat.

Towards the boat, the engine roared to life. Nearly there. The driver reeved the engine. I disappeared under the water. I felt the ground and launched myself up hard. When I emerged out I reached out and grabbed the ledge of the boat.

Got it.

Lottie, I’m coming.

I pulled myself up; my main goal was to get on the boat.

Save Lottie.

I didn’t notice the shadow until I heard the wood croak, when I looked up, I was met with a fist. I fell overboard. I tried grasping anything. My right hand grabbed the bottom rail.

Don’t let go.

The man stepped on my fingers. I gritted my teeth, that son of- I can’t hold, on. Lottie.

He stomped on them, then again, and again. My fingers slipped one finger at a time. Before I could hold on with my left hand I fell into the deep, dark water.

No!

I reached out again, but I caught air. The boat was moving. I swam in the same direction, trying with all my might to catch up. The Boat only got smaller, and smaller.

“Lottie…”

I couldn’t save her.

I didn’t protect her.

I left her.

Who am I? I PROMISED I’LL ALWAYS BE THERE! What kind of brother am I?

I swam back to shore, slowly walking up the hill towards the cliff. My head was dropped.

I failed.

My blood boiled. Even though I just walked out of icy cold water I was steaming. Droplets fell of me. When I reached up, heads turned my way. Jackie held the last guy in his hand.

My hands clenched to fists. I pushed Jackie back and out of the way.     

I grabbed the man by his collar.                  

“Who the fuck sent you?” I growled lowly.

My mind screamed KILL!

The man just smirked.

Something is wrong with his face, so I fixed that. I punched him square in the nose. I heard a sickly but a too familiar crackling sound of bones cracking.

Music to my ears.

“ANSWER ME!” I was impatient when it came to idiots, if you haven’t already noticed.

“Nope.” He muttered. So he’s trying to be a smartass now.

I kicked him in the ribs, and then punched him. I felt my blood vessels expand. They have Lottie.

I punched him again and again I felt my veins pop against my neck. “WHERE IS SHE?!?!”

I lost it right there and then. “Old Phoenix! He sent us!” He groaned. 

I heard Pixel gasp. Dad. Is he serious…?

That fucked up did it, huh?

Next time I see him. I won’t hesitate to kill him.