Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Not Edited)

It seemed weird. Really weird, walking up someone's walk path. The only other person's walk path I've walked up was Luke and I's childhood friend Tyler. We haven't seen him since I was six­. Since our world turned inside out he was a good person. I wonder where he is now.

I hesitated walking the few metres up his walk path. I stopped halfway, having second thoughts. Maybe it's not such a good idea. Maybe he was just asking, but didn't really mean it.

"Umm...Kai..." I trailed off.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked worriedly. I was playing with my fingers and staring at the ground. "Umm... the thing is... I've never been to anyone's house before... and I don't think... it's a good idea..."

"Shhhh!" Did he just shush me?

"It's okay, I promise I won't let anyone hurt you," he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to follow him. Instead of going through the front door, he pulls me around to the back of the house and slides open the back door before stepping in and pulling me along.

As I stepped in. I held my breath. I didn't feel like I belong. I felt scared in a weird way. Before I could continue my internal ranting Kai was yelling out.

"Mum I'm home!" I jumped. My heart was beating twice as fast. I took a step back towards the sliding doors. Before I could add another Kai doesn't even spin around but comments clearly.

"Don't even think about it."

So I froze on my spot, a woman in her early thirties walks in. Sandy brown hair flowing half way down her back, identical green eyes just like Kai. Most likely his mother.

"Kiki you're here I missed you, how was school?" Kiki she's got to be kidding me. I was about to burst into laughter but was stopped by Kai's or should I say Kiki's whining.

"Muuuuuum, I said stop calling me that I'm not five anymore... this is so embarrassing." He muttered the last bit.

"Oh and who is this pretty little girl you brought home Kiki?" It took me seconds to realize she's talking about me. I sucked in a breath. And hid further into my hair.

"Mum, this is Gabriella, Gabby this is mum," he introduced.

"It's nice to meet you, Ms. Anderson." I said a little too low voice.

"Oh! Don't call me that sweetie, makes me feel old. Call me Grace. Now I'll leave you two, to do whatever teenagers are doing these days," she winks before Kai leads me away.

"Oh, god that was embarrassing." He groaned under his breath. I actually really like her. I wish my mum was like that. "No it wasn't I really think your mum is awesome, Kiki." I winked. He just groaned in frustration.

"Great..." he muttered. He led me down a flight of stairs to what looks like a basement.

"This is my place, that I love to hang out..." he unlocked the door with the key around his neck and opened the door halfway he slipped in and gestured for me to come in. I walked in and my jaws fell open as I take in this incredibly awesome looking big basement.

The place was amazing and colourful and did I say fudged up AWESOME!

"Not many people been in here." He admitted. "Only my mum, AJ and now... well you."

"Not even your dad?" His posture stiffened. Crap.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything." He sighed. "Wait how did you- See there's just something about you that makes me trust you. You don't ask questions and you know when to stop. Thanks." I felt a bit of happiness that he trusts me that much.