Chapter [7]

Enjoy this chapter, vote comment and share please. Your all awesome and you know it and don't be afraid to show it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter [7]

I woke up to the sound of the chirping birds. I pushed myself up carefully to a sitting position, from my curled up position. I stretched my fingers across the bed only to feel coldness. I sighed but winced as my body screamed pain. I clambered to a sitting position and took a glance at my phone, which read half past five. Early was an understatement. It was however earlier than I've ever woken up this week. The earlier you wake up the better it is in this hell house.

I slipped on my combat boots and decided to stay as I was. Still in my brother's sweater and my tight black jeans. Only later did I realize I sprained my wrist, I didn't need to get a wrist brace from the pharmacy a few minutes away. We already owned one. Well, I got it a few months back when I was climbing a tree and my foot slipped resulting in me tumbling down. I couldn't resist the tears coming down, I was crying from the excruciating pain. It was also funny; the look on my brother's face after he found me was priceless.

He examined my wrist as he's seen in the movies and in a very deep and dopey voice said, "I believe you've sprained your wrist, Madame." Those words obviously made me double over in laughter I mean do you really want to know how stupid he looked. I slipped on the wrist brace carefully, trying to avoid the sensitive spots. Surprisingly, this thick piece of fabric reduced the pain. Well duh that's the point.

I grabbed my already packed bag and carried on outside the house as fast as I could possibly move. My rib was still sending shots of pain all over my body and I could feel my swollen busted lip. I decided not to go to school today. Only because for some reason I knew Kai would be there to question everything, from last night to what happened to my face and wrist. Who cares anyway? I know no one would notice my disappearance.

I pulled out my scarf from my bag and wrapped it snuggly around my neck in the process making sure to cover my lip. And I untied my hair, allowing it to flow down till my lower back in smooth waves and curl. With fringes covering both eyes, yet still allowing enough space for me to see where I'm going. I made my way to the bakery and ordered a hot chocolate, and a blueberry muffin. The man behind the counter smiled at me before hurrying of to make my order.

When he was done I paid and walked out before he could say anything. He looked like those types of boys that liked to chat. I on the other hand do not like to chat. Especially when I'm feeling depressed. I slowed my pace and headed to the woods.

To our tree.

Today was the big day. Remember how I promised I'd open the letter today and actually read it? Well I'm going to do it. I'm fed up. I really am. I don't know what I want to do anymore. I'm sick of the abuse everywhere.

I finally reached my tree. Carefully, I sipped on my hot chocolate and tore a piece of my muffin, avoiding any contact to the right side of my lip. Once I was done, I distract myself by pulling out 'Lock and Key', and resumed reading.

Hours past, I was already two-thirds into the book. I loved it to bits! I'm ready I got up using my good wrist for support. I pulled out both the gift and the letter. Before I could back out I ripped open the envelope which contained the letter. You probably might think I'm a weak and fragile girl, everyone thinks that until they see the real me.

I took a deep breath and did the impossible. I looked down. Horror of all horrors. Note the sarcasm. Anyways back to the present:

Dear Lottie,