Chapter [6]

Chapter [6]

Even though I had not only an asthma attack, but also a meltdown, I still ran as fast as my two legs could carry me. I made it to my front step in a record time of 813 seconds. Not that I was counting, of course, because that's just really weird. Okay back to my near death situation. I wish my brother was still around he would've protected me or backed me up. I groaned internally.

"I swear to you Luke, the next time I see you, that's if I see you, I'm going to punch you so hard in the guts, for abandoning me," I mentally noted in my mind as I vowed to myself.

I recollected myself before I unlocked the front door with the key that was tied around my neck. This symbolizes a noose of rope, which one day would sweep me of my feet, and result my death; by the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man they say murdered three.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run so we'd both be free.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Did you Luke? Did you tell me to run away with you so we would both get out of the hell hole? Did you at least warn me of your escape? Or don't I really matter to you anymore?

Hilarious right, but come on its sure to happen, eventually. I slipped in, carefully and swiftly. I tip toed towards the staircase. First stride, only six more to go to reach the first stair; second step, third step, CREAK! I cringed, my foot still in mid-air as a light flicked on overhead. I didn't look up. One could clearly guess who switched on the light right. I'll give you a clue. He starts with D, ends with D with an A in between. Who is he? Come on say it with me D-A-D, him. He clears his throat. I swallowed the lump in my throat. My lungs felt as if they were about to burst. Oh wait I'm supposed to breath. I exhaled.

For some weird reason I watched his mouth move as he cussed and ranted but only a few seconds later did I realize that I wasn't listening. I still felt light headed from school. I snapped back to my senses, when I felt a hand tugging at my hair, hard.

"...ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME, YOU WORTHLESS LITTLE PIECE OFF CRAP? IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" He pushed me harshly on the floor, my wrist landing in an awkward position, which shot a pang of pain up my arm. He still had my hair in his hand. My scalp and wrist were screaming for mercy. Today he's angrier than usual. I stole a glance into his eyes.

My fearful, and scared eyes locked onto his dark and full of venom ones. I could only stay like that for a couple of seconds before I looked away. Whimpering and shuddering from knowing what would come next.

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK, I'LL BEAT YOU UP! And make you prettier than the way your face was deformed!" Since when was a little scar along the left side of my temple hidden mostly by my hair, make a human look deformed?

It was his fault anyways. He did it. "Luke..." I whispered. Where are you? I shot of pain rippled through my stomach, as his fist connected with my rib, then my lip. I wouldn't worry. I'm alone remember? No one there for me. Not even my brother anymore.

I think I said my brother's name too loud. It seems like he heard it. In a stern and cold voice he spat out his next words.

"Can't believe how retarded you are, you make me sick, you were the biggest mistake, I wish you were dead, you stupid no good worth nothing." Never have I ever felt more depressed than in this moment.

His words echoed in my head. After one more kick he stormed off. God knows where. For some reason I was disappointed, why couldn't he have just finished me off. I pulled myself of the floor. But fell back to the ground as my bad wrist gave away under me. I somehow managed to get up, using the banister and the stairs. I forced my jelly- like legs to rush up the stairs. In case he came back for more. I tasted blood, as I realized my lip was bleeding, my wrist shot all kinds of pain through my body and my lungs hurt from my ragged breathing. I let myself plump across my bed. I stayed like that, on my back, just staring at the ceiling.

After several hours, it must've been midnight. I tried getting up, failing several times, before making it clumsily to my feet. I couldn't fall asleep. I stumbled around my room packing things I'd need for school tomorrow, so that when I wake up, I'd be all ready.

I grabbed my backpack with everything I need for tomorrow in it and made my way to my brother's room. I placed my bag right next to his door. I walked in. Slowly taking in the familiar environment I stood in. I used to- and still do - always have nightmares. I'd come to my brother's room and he'd let me sleep with him. He'd somehow always make me fall asleep.

I walked to his closet and opened it and pulled out his favourite navy blue sweater, which let me add was several sizes bigger than me. It even smelt like him. I pulled it over my head carefully then curled up on his bed. Pretending his presence was still present in this room, pretending he was whispering soothing words to me.

It'll be okay.

I was talking to myself, I'm alone, and it hurt. I sobbed silently until the darkness of the night pulled me down under.

Luke where are you?

****************************

Dedicated to the person who motivated me to make a new chapter!! ^-^

Please vote, comment and share!!! Tell me what you think and share your ideas!! Make my day!! <3