Chapter 10

Thank you for everyone that's been reading, commenting and voting you guys make my day. Thanks you are all amazing.

This chapter is dedicated to all you people who commented in my previous chapter. Thank you guys.

Chapter 10

(Not Edited)

I lay in bed tossing and turning for hours trying to fall asleep but it was useless. I just can't sleep. So I decided to do things like the old times to sneak out of my bedroom window. I tried to pull up the window but it wouldn't budge. He's got to be kidding me. He locked it. Luke I mean. Ha! He thinks this could get through me. He thinks just because he changes the lock every once in a while, that I can't just can't pick the lock open. Again and again. I've been pass these stage ages ago. Don't ask me how I know how to pick a locket. I just know. I guess he only does this because he cares about me but sometimes I just can't help it. It feels like I'm about to suffocate. That I really need some space, air.

Anyways, probably the most important thing to know, when picking a lock, is how the lock works. I pulled out my two favourite hairclips and twisted them using one that would act as a tension wrench, applied pressure to it and took the other clip and used it as a pick. As soon as I twisted the pick in and pulled it out again, the lock sprang open with a click. Wow that was easy. It took not even a minute. I put my hairclips back in my hair, and stretched. I twisted around my wrist to see how it's doing. It still hurt, but I'll still use it. I looked at the time. It was two o'clock in the morning.

I've got probably an hour and a half before I have to come back without anyone realizing I was gone. Not that they'd check or care that is. I pulled on my black jeans and combat boots, my black leather Jacket and my black fingerless gloves. I pocketed my inhaler and phone, and walked toward the window and pulled the window open wide. Before I stuck one leg out then followed by the other. I was now sitting on the window sill. It's a six metres drop. I reckon I can jump it but until I'm brave enough to do, I'm fine with climbing down the tree which is a metre away from the window. I stood up on the ledge and jumped towards the nearest branch. Don't worry I won't fall, I've done this so many times that I lost count ages ago.

I quietly slithered my way down the tree and scattered away from the house and bolted for the forest. I run and run I felt really good. I could breathe, although I have to rest soon after or I'll need my inhaler. So I did just that leaning against our tree. After I caught my breath I walked up to the tree I stuffed the gift my brother gave me and pulled it out before sitting on the ground again. I wanted to open this earlier in the day but got rudely interrupted by an idiot. Bruce. Anyways, I opened the gift and my eyes widened. I've always wanted this! It was a SLR camera. Finally. I picked it out of the box and turned it on.

I got up and snapped a picture of our tree. Then I turned back to the box something was shining in the moonlight. I crouched down, and picked it out of the box, it was cool against my skin. I examined it. It had Lottie engraved on it. I loved it. There was a little button on the side sticking out so I pressed it and a blade shot out. Awesome. My own pocket knife, exactly what I always wanted. Finally, it looks pretty. I climbed the tree and moved to the branch my brother engraved his name in with his pocket knife, and engraved mine. It took almost ten minutes.

After that, I decided I should sneak in 21 Jackson Street to see what my brother left me there. Think he thinks, that I'd be too scared to sneak in. well it's the middle of the night and watched this Luke where ever you are. I grabbed the torch we hid in the hollow of the tree and made my way to Jackson Street. When I got there, I climbed over the fence. And run to the back of the house. I tried the back door. It was locked. I know what you're thinking the only reason I didn't try go in from the front because I'm not as stupid as Taylor. The upstairs window was open. And I thought a challenge would be nice at this moment.

So I climbed onto the side of the handrail on the veranda, and considered my options. The window sill was right above the roof of the veranda. A little above the rail the sill of another window was just in reached. I climbed onto it and jumped onto the roof of the veranda as noiselessly as I could. Then I walked over to the window, and stretched my hands up and jumped I used my elbows for support before I swung my legs over the sill and clambered in. Phew that was fun. Now I pulled out the torch and shone the light around something shimmered as I went over the room, if you didn't look hard enough you would've sure missed it. I walked over to the old wooden dresser. And there they were a piece of paper right under a military necklace. I picked it up and saw Luke's name engraved on one side and I turned it over and Charlotte was engraved onto it. Awesome it matches the knife. Perfect.

I picked up the piece of paper and blow off the small bits of dust that coated on the note. It said:

Please don't tell me you climbed through the window... Dammit I didn't notice it until now. I kind of unlocked the front door to make it easier for you, you did try it didn't you? Oh well, we both know the answers to that. Anyways, I hope you like the necklace I've got one too, wear it with pride, because you've got an awesome brother, right? Well. This must've been a fail you obviously didn't get scared.

Next clue:

I am big, warm, the colour of a red bloom; you'll most likely find me in your brother's room. We both love it to bits, that's why when you take it you send me into fits, what am I?

That does remind me of it actually, I haven't bothered looking for it, but now that he mentions it once I do find it, I'm never going to give it back, or even share it! Although it's his, I couldn't care less. It's his red jumper. Actually let me reword that. It's MY red jumper now. I put the necklace around my neck and folded the slipping it on the inside of my jacket, and took off down the stairs and to the front door. I looked at the time. Three am. Pfft, not tired. I ran back to the tree and grabbed my camera and hung it around my neck. Sigh. I lay against the forest floor; and gazed up at the bright and pretty stars.

***

"Luke, can I ask you something?"

"Shoot?"

"D-dad told me t-that you d-don't like me... and that, I-I'm worthless, am I? And do you r-really hate me...?"

He sighed. "He's right I don't like you..." My heart fell to my feet, and shattered.

"I love you!" He winked at me. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"And take my advice, don't listen to him; the biggest arse."

I hugged him then. Really tightly he was tall, I was hugging his torso. "Thanks Lukie, you're the bestest brother I have."

"What do you mean; I'm your only brother."

"I know that's the point," I giggled before running away.

***

I walk up with a groan, my bed was seriously uncomfortable. Wait what the hell, did I really leave my window up all night. I opened my eyes only to find myself staring at the orange sky. Crap, I shoot up did I really just sleep her. Damn. Damn. Damn. What time is it? I pulled out my phone and my eyes widened to wide it hurt.

"Shit. Shit! Shoot!!!"

It's seven thirty, school starts in half an hour and I'm still here. I got up a little too quick. I almost fall back and took off. Dammit. I was supposed to leave early I don't want to have another abuse session now too. I reached the house in thirteen minutes. I clawed my way up on the tree and jumped in my window. I quickly stripped and took a shower.

The shortest shower ever.

Five minutes. I went back to my room threw on my black tight jeans and wore my white thin silky shirt, which I tucked on side in my pants and threw on my denim coloured shirt. I slipped into my combat boots, I peeked at the time. It's eight and guess what? I'm late. Not just that, well I sprinted down the stairs, guess who I happen to bump into. Here's a clue.

Dad.

*****************

Please give me some credit thanks amazing humans.

Vote 

Comment

and remember there_is_always_hope