Chapter 9

Chapter 9

(Not edited)

"You have a brother?" Bruce asks curiously.

"Yeah, you have one too, right? Where is he?" I asked having the same amount of curiosity. He looked at me for a brief second. It looks like he's seeing or a better word might be searching for something, perhaps trust?

I thought he must've never heard me to begin with because he remained quiet for a few minutes. "He ran off, god knows where... one second he tells me that we'll stick together forever, and we've got each other's backs, then next minutes he vanishes into dust saying, 'some stuff are better remained unspoken,' I don't get it, I just can't believe he didn't tell me for one and two he left. It makes you feel like it was your fault, like did I do something wrong or was it just me?"

I had a sense of Déjà vu. Isn't that what my brother said?

"Some stuff are better remained unspoken my ass..." we both muttered at the same time.

"Oh my god," we said in unison.

"Could you stop doing that!" we said again. We remained quiet just staring at each other before we erupted into fits of laughter.

After our laughter subdued and the silence returned and forming a thick layer of awkwardness. He tried again.

"So, what really bring you here? And answer!" he quickly added the last bit.

"What, it's a free country, can't someone take a stroll?" I replied trying to sound convincing. He looked at me, amusement reflecting on his face. He had a stupid smirk o his face and he raised an eyebrow. Uh-oh.

"Oh really now, then why'd you hide and run away if you were just taking a stroll? You weren't committing something diabolical were you?"

How do I answer that?

"Well- I'm- I might have panicked a little?" I said while shrugging my shoulders and making a face. "I'm not a socializing type and I've never seen anyone around here without an actual purpose." I added. Looking at him suspiciously as it just clicked. He avoided eye contact.

"HA! So you are avoiding something, there must be a reason?"

He then smirked at me and crossed his arms over his chest. "So right now you admitted two things... one" he held up a finger while talking.

"You said you've never seen anyone around here which clearly tells me you come here more frequently than usual and, two." He now raises two fingers, "you weren't just strolling because you said it yourself, and no one comes here as quoted, 'without an actual purpose." Urrggghhhh. I felt the familiar pang of a massive headache coming on. I think I should go home. I can't believe someone doesn't understand that when someone avoids to answer they obviously don't want to tell anyone, it's common sense, for Pete's sake.

"So if I was you I'd give up!" He added. I imagined if I was him and grimaced,

"If I was you... I'd really be ugly......." HA! Score 1 for Lottie. Anyways I got to my feet, only to fall back down to the ground. The little pang only got sharper in my head only forming black spots to intervene with my vision. Mental reminder, don't get up really fast right after an asthma attack.

"Are you okay?" he asked his voice coated with concern. "Yeah, fine." I mumbled.

I heard a deep sigh coming from within.

"When was the last time you did something fun?" that was random, however that's a really good question actually. Ha! I can't remember maybe when my brother was around. So it's been perhaps maybe two and a half months, because in the last two months of when Luke was around he was also barely around but at least he was there he always seemed distracted and a little over protective around me. Not that I'm complaining.