Chapter [3]

Chapter [3]

The final school bell rang signalling the end of the first day of the week, also known as Monday. You know what I'm talking about right? Monday that day of the week before Tuesday and after Sunday, does it ring a bell? No?

Everyone rushed out of the classes. Including myself as fast as my sore back let me.

The hall was crowded, everyone wanted to leave. Including myself, I guess that was the only thing all of us students had in common.

Everyone had something to do, people to see, places to go. Including-

Wait...excluding me, but still, I want to be as far away from this place as possible.

I was about to exit the school gates, when I was tugged back by my backpack which resulted in me falling backwards. I hissed in pain, my eyes slightly watering as my jumper and bag dug into my healing skin. I didn't need to see who it was to know who did it, because who else is cruel enough to do such a thing but the one and only, come on say it with me 'Veronica'.

Way to go Veronica, wait I forgot to clap do it again. I don't know what hypnotised my leg to stretch out in front of her feet, causing her to trip and fall to the ground with a sound similar to a screeching car. I held in my laughter at the squeal she let out. I surveyed her high heels and my hands automatically reached for one and snapped that poor stick and freed it from its torture.

Thank you, I thought I'd never be put out of my misery.

It's okay heel anytime.

Don't judge and don't underestimate my strength. I grinned to myself. Ooh I think we've got a badass over here.

Obviously her two Siamese twins ran to her aid. I took that as my cue to bolt for it before I got killed. I ran towards my beautiful place to be.

The forest.

I ran to our place. Our tree.

I followed those little indicators my brother made for me when I was six. In case I lost my way, so I could always find my way back.

***

"YOU WORTHLESS ANIMAL! ACTUALLY THAT'S GOD DAMN OFFENSIVE TO AN ANIMAL!" I tried to listen and keep up with my dad's rant. What does 'ovensive' mean? My brother was late, which meant I was in trouble. Yet again I don't know why though. Before I knew it I felt a fist drive into my cheek, right below my eye. The force of the punch made me fall back and my head hit the floor. Hard. It really hurt.

Hurry Lukie...

Before I was about to sleep, I heard the front door open and slam shut and heard light footsteps running toward the source of voices.

Look it's my brother standing in the hallways; I wanted to wave but I was sleepy he was horror stricken at the sight before his eyes before his face slowly scrunched up into a scowl, he ran up to me. My eyes were getting heavier with every second that went by. But I could still hear voices. "What the hell is wrong with you!? What did she ever do to you? Why can't you leave her alone? She's just a little girl!" I felt my brother pick me off the floor and ran outside to the forest, next to our house before everything went black.

"You'll be okay. I've got you..."

***

"Lottie. Lottie! Wake up!" I felt something cold hit my face. I quickly sat up, eyes wide as the earlier punch along with his angry face flashed before my eyes. That was all it took for my breath to hike up extravagantly and I felt my airways tighten. Tears streamed down my face. My brother quickly pulled me into an embrace. "Thank god, you're okay! You scared me to death, you mangy thing!" My lungs tightened as I struggled to inhale enough air.