43.The exact same way

-
Mason's POV
-
For the third time this minute I scrolled trough my instagram. Checking the same pictures that had been showing up the first time already. Somethimes I truelly wonder how much time I could spend behind the screen of my phone, like what would I have done without it?

I had been laying upon my bed for a couple hours now, texting some of my friends about the game we're about to watch tomorrow.

My parents would leave for the weekend , which would mean plenty of time to gather around with the boys and some girls.

My bestfriend Nate, he would always know how to suprise me with the girls he met around him.

Like, every weekend they had the same hairstyles, clothes, thoughts..The only thing that would be different were their faces.

Like, do girls just like to be the same or don't they know how to dress?

Whatever.

As I grabbed a bottle of beer out of the fridge , the sound of the doorbell fluttered trough my ears.

I took a few sips as I walked my way to the door, at least I'm quite sure I wasn't expecting anyone.

"Hey"

I almost stifled fron suprise as I took another sip.

This can't be true.

"Martina" I uttered her name in astonishmemt.

"Can I come in?" She shyly asked me.

I just gazed at her in pure amazement. This wasn't real.

Sure I had imagine this to happen many times before. How she would nock upon my door, kiss me with pleasure and tell me how much she needed me.

But she never did.

The girl herself doesn't need me.
So, I wonder. What is she doing here?

"Or are you busy?" She stammered, looking down the ground.

"Uh" My throat closed up as my heart thudded against my chest. ''Eh, well''  For fuck's sake why weren't my brains working the way they should.

''I get it if you're busy, I can come tomorrow as well?'' She suggested, sounding so unsure that it attracted me so badly.

''No'' I pronounced. ''I mean, no I'm not busy. You can come inside if you like to?"

She gave me a courtly smile as I made space for her to walk inside. I basically just watched her doing her thing from there on. She knew exactly where to find the coatrack to hang her jacket and placed her shoes in front of the door like she never had left this place.

After all, she used to be here on a daily base.

My girlfriend. That's who she's really  suposed to be.

''Are your parents home?'' She asked, shifting her eyes to me as I was just stunned by her presence.

I shook my head. ''No, they left for the weekend''.

''Ah''She nodded, folding her arms over her chest . ''Shall we go to the livingroom then?''

''That's fine by me'' I replied as I followed her to the livingroom.

Her eyes roamed around as a smile formed onto her lips. ''Not a thing has actually changed here'' she grinned as she sat down on the sofa.

''Would you like something to drink?'' I asked, shifting my eyes to the beer bottle I had been drinking.