40. Falling for you

"I've told her"

"You did what?"

"Yeah" A desperate sigh escaped her mouth as it was quite clear she really regretted telling.

"Oh" I nodded, understanding right away this was going about Camilla.

"At least you don't have to hide it for her anylonger" I said, trying to cheer her up.

I really didn't like seeing her misserable.

"Yeah, but now she hates me"

She sounded pretty laborious as those words spilled over her lips.

"No she doesn't"

"Yes she does"

"No" I shook my head, leaning towards her as my hand traced up to the left side of her face. "She just has to process things"

"Process things?" She budged me as she took a step away from me, stranding her hands into her hair as frustration gleamed of her.

"Yeah"

"And how long do you think that will last before others will take her away from me? Jorge she totally hates me."

"She doesn't" I shook my head in disbelief as she kept going crazy about it.

"She does, I'm her best friend and I failed her. What was I even thinking? I shouldn't have lied to her"

"No you shouldn't have" I shook my head, grabbing her hand as it felt so cold. "But right now there aint a thing that you can do expect giving her time"

"Time is the thing I'm afraid of"

"I know" I whispered, pulling her into my arms once she gave in.

Feeling her pain was something I was used to these days. I didn't just understood, it felt like crawling underneath her skin and feeling every tiny detail of her mixed up feelings.

If that was something I could do with everyone, I think I might had explode somewhere.

But for real.

"So, are we going to your place?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"Eh yeah about that.."

"Oh you ehm..I can't stay over?"

"Ofcource you can, it's more that uhm..I can't stay" I mumbled , feeling sort of embarrassed for sharing this with her.

Basically I kicked myself out of my house.

She frowned at me, making it hard for me to even think straight. "How do you mean you can't stay?"

"You really wanna know?" I bit my lip, avoiding her eyes as they truelly turned me nuts.

"I guess so"

"You guess so?" I asked in suprise. "What kind of an answer is that?"

"Well uh, at least an answer" She shrugged defensivly. "You totally had a fight with your father, didn't you?"

Great, she knows me too good as well.

"Not really a fight, it's more that I was planning on not coming home tonight"

"Well" she rubbed her hand over her chin as she actually agreed with me on something."You're not the only one"

And right she was, again.

My problems were nothing beside the fights Martina and her father had the past weeks.

"We can go elsewhere?" I suggested.