a changed mind

That night at dinner I asked my parents what they thought about me moving and I was honest about his business plan. Both they and I had reservations. Like I have said before, I don't really like the idea of living together before marriage, but this is a delicate situation. I told mom and dad I was strongly leaning towards moving. Dylan will be so excited.

Dylan finally called me around 9. "Hey," I answered. "I wanna FaceTime so I can see your handsome face!" I was so excited to tell him my news.

"There she is!" he said when my face popped up on his screen.

We made small talk for a few minutes before I asked him, "So that property you were looking at, are you going to live in that barn too or what?"

"I could either build a house or just add a living space onto the barn when I fix it up."

"How long would all that take?"

He inhaled dramatically. "Hmmm. Not sure, maybe a few months?"

"What would we do in the meantime?"

You should have seen his face light up. "Are you telling me that you are gonna move here, to White Pine Bay, to be with me?"

"I think I'm willing to try it out!"

Dylan whoo-hooed like a little kid. I wished I was there with him so he could pick me up and twirl me around. "I wanna come down and look at it again with you. Maybe not in the middle of the night this time," I gave him a playful look.

We chatted a while longer before we hung up. I was so excited. I think I'm making the right decision. At least for now.