Home Sweet Home

We all got out of the car when we dropped Emma off to say goodbye to uncle Will. Emma and I cried a little bit when we hugged goodbye.

The car ride was decently talkative. I tried not to think about Dylan. He had texted me to let him know when I got home safely. I didn't reply to that message yet.

When we stopped in the area I was abducted, dad took my car and mom took over driving from there. She asked me about Dylan and I cried and talked about it a little. She asked me what I was going to do and I said I didn't know. She asked if we loved each other and I said yes. She suggested some things and I told her I didn't know what was going to happen.

Finally, we arrived. I hugged my outside cats and sat with them outside while I called Emma to let her know I was home. Then I texted Dylan and he answered back "Good, I'm glad. Miss you already and I love you."

I replied, "Miss you too and I love you too." But no more texts were exchanged.

First for a couple days. Then days turned to weeks and weeks turned into a month and a half.

I hadn't spoken to Dylan in that time length. I was so depressed about it all. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I really wanted to go back there and see him. I didn't know whether I wanted him to visit. I didn't know if I wanted to try long distance or move. So instead of making choices, I just blocked him out of my life for a while. By block, I mean not speak too. I could never block him out of my mind or my heart. Emma told me Dylan had changed. He acted depressed now too. He never asked Emma about me and that hurt my feelings, but I understood. I was nervous that my period wasn't going to come, after he came inside me, but with a huge relief, my period showed up.

One day I was reading through my diary entries I had written while staying in White Pine Bay and I bawled when I read about Dylan. Then I looked at my phone to see our selfie as his contact photo. I couldn't take this any longer. I had to see him. I told mom and dad and they were encouraging. But mom said she would like to go with me, to make sure I wasn't by myself again and I was very glad she insisted. So, without letting anyone in White Pine Bay know, we packed up some luggage and headed back to see the one who owned my heart.