Threaten

Voices awoke me. Norman was still huddled next to me. I rolled on my back. Ugh, I was so sore from lying on a flat, hard, cold service. The voices were gruff, and getting closer. I poked Norman. "Norman!" I whispered. "Wake up! People are coming!"

Norman woke and didn't realize where he was at. "Mother?" he asked. "Mother?" he said louder.

"Your mommy's not here, fag!" One of the guys shouted. Someone kicked the box. I was scared. It sounded like they were opening it and they did. My eyes were blinded by the light. Two guys were holding items and I felt so ravenous at the sight of a sandwich and jug of water! One of the men pulled us both out and sat us on the ground. They put the sandwiches in our hands and uncapped the jug lid. They watched us eat. I downed the sandwich so quickly. I glanced over at Norman and he was barely eating! I wanted to yank the sandwich out of his hand and stuff it in my face. No matter. I ate mine and chugged the water. My bladder was bursting at the seams. I held it through the night even though it was so hard to do. I almost didn't dare, but I went ahead and asked. "Bathroom," was all I could manage.

One of the guys nodded at the other one who rolled his eyes. "Get up," he ordered. He grabbed my arm and walked me to a bush nearby. "Don't try anything," he huffed as he turned around. "I need these ties off," I said.

So suddenly, he was in my face with a knife. I thought I was a gonner until he sliced my ties open. "Like I said. Don't try anything." He gestured towards his knife. I was so relieved to be untied, and so glad he turned around so I couldn't be degraded anymore than I already was. I took the longest pee ever. It almost hurt to let my bladder empty because it was so full. I buttoned and zipped my jeans back up and said "Ok."

He held my arm tightly as we headed back to the box. My eyes were darting around my surroundings trying to identify where I was. No use.

The other guy started sniffing the air. "Ew," he grimmaced. "I think this girl pissed himself!" He pointed at Norman who wasn't chewing, but just holding the sandwich near his mouth, looking straight ahead with no emotion. I noticed his tape was cut. The man practically pushed me to the ground.

I felt embarrassed for Norman. He did piss himself. I could smell it too but I didn't want to say anything; I almost peed myself.  The guy who had ahold of me laughed and the man watching Norman turned his head to face his cronie and that was his mistake. Norman threw the sandwhich and took off running. My heart raced and I almost stood to run after him. "HEY!" the man yelled and started chasing him. I heard a click and turned to notice a gun in my face. "You run, you die."

The man was catching up with Norman. GO NORMAN! HURRY!  I wanted Norman to escape so he could go for help, but I was so scared he was going to get shot! He started screaming, "HELP!" but to no prevail. The man caught him and shoved him to the ground. He punched Norman in the face and grabbed him by the throat. I breathed a sigh of relief. Norman didn't get shot. They were coming back now. I wanted more to drink but I didn't want a sudden movement to freak the man out. "I'm just getting my water," I said aloud and the man narrowed his eyes at me but didn't reply. I made sure to finish the jug off even though it made my stomach so full and sloshy. Who knows when the next time I was going to get anything was.

The man threw Norman on the ground and whipped out some more tape and taped him back up. I thought how idiotic do you have to be to untape us in the first place?! The man in front of me's phone rang. "Yeah?" He answered. "No, not yet. He tried to run. Hah, no. Alright." He hung up the phone but started dialing someone else's number. "Who should we call first?" he said aloud.

The second man answered, "His mommy so we can throw him back in the box." The man's phone started ringing. "Hello?" a woman said on speaker. Oh my gosh, it was Norma. "MOTHER!" Norman screamed.

"Norman?! Norman where are you?! Who's doing this to yo-" the man snapped the phone shut, hanging up on her. Norman looked furious and had red, teary eyes. The man demanded he get up and get back in the box. Good. Norma knew something was up and that Norman wasn't alone. Maybe that means she has the police searching for at least one of us.The phone started ringing on speaker again.

"Hello?" said Dylan. I closed my eyes and pleaded to the heavens that he find me. I wasn't saying anything so the man kicked me. "Dylan!" I cried.

 "Ginny?! Ginny where are you?!" I knew the man was going to hang up so I shouted "WOODS!" and he kicked me again.

 "Nick Ford told you to kill that fucker Zane. Your time's up." He hung up the phone and yanked me up to throw me back in the dark box. I couldn't believe it. As they shut and locked the box and left, they hadn't retied me.

Norman was shaking with anger. "Norman," I said. "Here." I grabbed his wrists and began to tear at the tape with my hands and teeth. Finally, I got it to where he could rip it apart. I let him work on his ankles. My mind was racing. Somehow Dylan knew as well that I wasn't where I was supposed to be. I wondered if Nick Ford tipped Dylan and Norma off with a hint that we had been taken, just to get them going and cooperating.

"You don't think they're going to kill Dylan do you?" I asked Norman.

"I hope not. They better not touch my Mother. It will be the last thing they do."

"Dylan should be looking for us soon. I told him woods."

"There are tons of woods."

"I know, but I'm just praying he finds us."

Later that evening it started thundering. Pretty soon, we heard plip, plops on the roof of the box. It started out slow, then pouring; raining cats and dogs. The rain started coming in the slits of the box and pretty soon mud started seeping along with it. The rain was freezing in the cold, metal box. Norman started yelling out of frustration. When would this hell ever end?