That's Amore

I was so nervous sitting in his nice truck. I tried so hard to act like I wasn't. I wondered if he noticed.

We didn't talk much. I looked out the window most of the time. I liked to play hard-to-get. Let him come to me. Well, sometimes. Anyways, he impressed me with his parking skills when he paralelled. I, for one, cannot park worth a darn.

We both got out and when Dylan crossed in front of his truck to the sidewalk, he said, "I was going to get that for you," he looked in the direction of the truck door. I blushed and looked at my shoes. "Oh, sorry."

He put his hand on the small of my back. "Just let me get the doors from now on." He warmly smiled. I had goosebumps and stomach flutters from him even smiling at me, let alone freaking touching me. Especially the small of my back! Sheesh.

He ushered me in the restaruant after holding the door open. It smelt good inside and was fairly fancy. The host greeted us and sat us down at a two-person table by the big window.

While looking over the menu, I kept peeking glances at his adorable face. He almost caught me at one point and I pursed my lips together to keep from grinning about it. We placed our order and sipped our waters.

"You look nice," he said.

"Thank you, so do you."

"So when did you decide you liked me?" he asked.

Oh geez. Should I tell the truth? Well, I hardly lie. "Honestly?" I asked with a nervous laugh.

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Well...." I looked up. "A while ago..."

"What do you you mean? Like the first day or what?"

"Hah...no. Actually....I've been attracted to you for quite a while. Ever since you met Emma and she sent me a picture. I'm a freak!" I hide behind my hands.

"Wow, really?" he acted a bit surprised.

"Yeah....what about you? When did you think I was cute? When you found out I liked you?"

He shook his head. "No, at the diner when I first saw you."

"Oh, ok. So what did you think when Norma hinted at me liking you?"

"I was a little surprised and excited." He rubbed his hands together before continuing. "I was even more stunned when you actually told me I was the guy. Right before I drove off. That was a nice move you pulled."

"I tried," I replied playfully. "I was hoping you'd like that."

Our food arrived quite quickly and we began to eat, lightly chatting in between chews.

"Are you going to want dessert?" Dylan asked.

"Only if we share it," I answered.

He agreed and we split a piece of cheesecake. It was romantic. Well, so was the whole date.

How sweet. He offered me the last bite! While I was poking the cheesecake with the fork, the waiter brought our bill which Dylan promptly paid with cash. I chewed, swallowed, gulped my water and we left. I said thank you when he opened the resteraunt door and the truck door. Once he got in the driver's side I said, "Thank you for dinner."

"You're welcome. Thank you for letting me take you out."

To avoid awkwardness after the date, I asked him to turn on the radio. We jammed out to the variety of rock songs that streamed on the radio. It was quite fun actually, belting out lyrics together, laughing a bit.

He walked me to Emma's door (the antique store door). I almost died when he grabbed my hand. It filled me with wonderful jitters. We stopped outside the door. SIGH! This was it. Was it going to happen? I was shaking with nerves and excitement.