Chapter 71. The proposal

Micah's P.O.V

I woke up suddenly in our bed and realized that a child was clinging to my chest. I knew that it was Ezekiel the moment i opened my eyes and heard him immediately whimper. I quickly caressed his back and said "Good morning my beautiful boy" while looking at the clock. It was already ten o'clock in the morning and Knightly was already up. I could sense him in the living room with the other children and smiled to myself when i heard him suddenly say through our mind link "Good morning love, Ezekiel didn't want to leave your side so i let him sleep with you. I hope you don't mind".

I looked at the still yawning Ezekiel then replied with "Good morning my love" then added while stroking Ezekiel's head "No, i don't mind he was probably just scared seeing how unresponsive i was yesterday". I heard Knightly then chuckle and say "Actually all our children slept in our bed last night while clinging to us but Kingsley had to wake up early because my parents wanted to go running with him so Amell and Althea woke up with him too".

I chuckled by the thought that Knightly had to keep the twins busy while Kingsley was with his grandparents that morning. I quickly said through the mind link when i realized that Knightly probably wanted to assess the damage done to the packs during the war as soon as possible "I'm going to take a bath with Ezekiel now and then come relieve you from your fatherly duties Knigh because you have things to do". "No love, take your time because Sylvia is here and you're exhausted" said Knightly quickly through the mind link and i replied with "I'm fine now Knigh, i'll see you in a bit".

I then cut off the mind link and got off the bed. Ezekiel was still clinging to me and i said to him while walking into the bathroom "We're going to take a bath now Ezekiel and i'm going to feed you after that because you must be starving by now". Ezekiel just smiled at me and i casted a spell to get rid of our clothes. I kept my boxer brief on and then opened the faucet of the bathtub. I decided to brush my teeth while the bathtub filled with water and held Ezekiel with one arm on my hip.

Ezekiel looked curiously at me in the mirror and when i was done brushing my teeth i said to him "It's your turn now sweetheart". Ezekiel immediately opened his mouth when he saw me with the wet soft washcloth wrapped around my index finger. I carefully rubbed the washcloth over his gums and said "Good boy" when i was done. I then walked to the bathtub with him and climbed in it with him. I quickly casted a spell to create a bubble bath and smiled when i saw Ezekiel's face light up.

While Ezekiel played with the bubbles and giggled i couldn't help to think about how i lost consciousness after the war ended. I had already a feeling what had happened but i wasn't sure yet. I was lost in my thoughts while holding Ezekiel tightly but quickly gathered myself when i heard Ezekiel call out to me with "Papa". I asked him "Yes pup?" while washing his head. "Do you think Kingsley, Amell and Althea won't like me if i don't play with them?" asked Ezekiel me suddenly and my breath hitched when i heard Ezekiel's question.

"Why are you worrying about something like that my beautiful pup?" i asked Ezekiel and he in return turned around quickly to hug me tightly then said "Because i never play with them and it looks like they 're always having fun". I chuckled when i heard his answer then said "There is nothing wrong in being different pup and your brothers and sister know that. That is why they never bother you because they know you're enjoying them from afar and do you know that your big brother never played with anyone too".

Ezekiel looked in shock at me because it was probably hard for him to imagine his rambunctious brother not playing with anyone. I smiled at him then said "Yes pup, he didn't like anyone where we lived so your grandparents, your uncles, your aunt and me had to play with him but i'm glad that he has friends now to play with". Ezekiel sighed in relief and i then continued with "You can stay the way you are pup but you have to promise me that you'll tell me or your daddy when you feel lonely or when something's bothering you alright".