Chapter 5. Losing faith.

Hello everyone this is the final chapter of the backstory. Please keep reading on and keep the faith :D  Comment, vote and enjoy.

Third persons P.O.V

Danielle was licking her sons wound and Marcus was looking on with a puffed out chest full with pride at his son.  Their wolves "Alcaric and Daeva" were purring in delight. Their son had shown them that he could be a powerful beta alongside his alpha.

Then the loud scream of Lilith was heard. She was relatively unharmed from the situation and everyone wanted to keep it that way.

 Hearing his pup scream Cade jumped on his brother pinning him down once again. "Call them off now" He commanded in his alpha voice. " I can't do that brother" he replied while whimpering from the alpha's command. " What? Why not?"  Cade asked in anger. The alpha was then suddenly attacked by a vile smell that pricked his nose. "Demon Agiel" growled Rolf. " What is he doing here Lucas?" asked the alpha in a booming voice, making Lucas shrivel up more.

" Oh, let me answer that alpha. Straight from the horse's mouth is better right?" said Agiel in a mocking tone. Cade looked at him with animosity. He just wanted to rip Agiel's throat out but he knew that he had to find out the truth. He had to prevent this from happening again. " Speak " he ordered Agiel.

And while pointing at Lucas Agiel casually said " He's my mate, but wait let me rephrase that ha ha ha. He's more like a slave than a mate actually" There were now thousands of questions floating in Cade's mind. Questions like how long had his brother known that he was Agiel's mate but he pushed them to the back of his mind because there were other important things he had to do at that moment. More important things like saving the pups. But what he now definitely knew was, how they were poisoned and how the rogues went unnoticed for this long. 

Agiel was a very powerful demon. One of the first of his kind so he probably just ordered a witch to create the poison then told one of his minions to mix it with their food by cloaking his scent and warping inside their houses. Agiel could cast many spells that's probably why the rogues weren't discovered. This information meant nothing to Cade now. It was already done and he couldn't change anything even if he wanted to.

"Well that's not the reaction i was expecting from you alpha. Doesn't it hurt getting betrayed by your loved one?" Asked Agiel the alpha. You could clearly see that he was disappointed. " I don't have the time to play games with you Agiel. What do you want?" asked Cade annoyed. 

"I want you all dead. All this love for peace is giving me a headache. I feed on death and despair and you're in my way so i want you gone"  said Agiel coldly. Before Cade could even answer Agiel he saw a rogue holding Lilith with his teeth by her hair and dragging the little girl to the living room.

All the adult wolves started growling in anger when they saw that and the little girl was bawling her eyes out while crying. And when she saw her parents, she made grabby hands at them hoping her parents would release her from the rogue soon. Seeing this Lisa made a dash into her pups direction but got immediately surrounded by rogues. " We have to get the pups out of here. This is getting dangerous and its taking a toll on them"  Garda, her wolf yelled through the mind link.

Hearing the strain in his mates voice Cade began to order: " Lisa and Danielle get the pups and bring them to the safe room. Kill whoever crosses your path. Marcus and i will stay and fight"  Marcus growled in agreement and with that they all focused on the task at hand.

Hearing the alpha's command the rogue that was holding Lilith let her go. He was afraid of dying by the sharp teeth of an angry she-wolf and took a step back. Lisa ran as fast as she could to catch her pup. Lilith was now safe and snuggling her leg." Climb on my back darling and whatever happens don't let go"  said Lisa to her pup. The little girl was struggling to climb on top of her but still managed to succeed after a while.

There was a full out war going on now. You could only hear growls and snarls. By defeating the rogues who were crossing them Lisa and Danielle made it to the other two pups. Connor and Knightly were all healed up now and were fighting off rogues. Lisa and Danielle knew their sons. The only way to make them come with them was to drag them and they were prepared to do that if the pups didn't listen to them because they were feisty pups.

Knightly's P.O.V

I was fighting off rogues together with Connor when i felt someone grab me by my scruff. My mother was pulling me off the rogue i was fighting with. When i looked up i saw Connor being pulled off by his mother too. "Knighly climb on my back and hold tight to Lilith. We're going to take you guys to the safe room and enough fighting. Let your father take care of it from now on" My mother said to me. Looking around i could see my father fighting the demon Agiel. Agiel was using spells to get the upper hand and i would never leave my father like that behind.

Seeing my hesitation my mother's wolf Garda growled: " Get on my back pup. There is no room to argue". I suddenly heard a loud bang and the widows of the living room were now shattered. A cool breeze was now blowing through the house. This is probably Agiel's doing i thought to myself then huffed. You could see a cloud of thick fog outside and Lilith was now whimpering. She couldn't change into her wolf yet so she was feeling the cold wind. "Knightly now!!" my mother yelled looking angrily at me.

 Startled i began to climb on my mother's back and then took Lilith in my arms to keep her warm. She stopped whimpering immediately and snuggled more into my chest. I didn't want to make it more difficult for my father that's why i obeyed my mother.  My father had to concentrate on the fight or all would be lost. Seeing my reaction my mother sighed and then jumped through the window together with Connor's mother who had now Connor on her back.

When we arrived at the safe room that was hidden at the back of the house Danielle lead us inside and then turned on the lights. The safe room was equipped with everything because we were always prepared for an attack. We jumped of our mother's back and then put on the clothes that were already there. Then Danielle's wolf Daeva suddenly began to speak "You pups will stay here till the fight is over. We will cut off the mind link because we don't want you young pups to hear the gruesome details of the fight" 

"What? No! How are we going to know if you're okay. No, I won't allow it. " i yelled to my mother. I knew in the back of my mind that they were going to do this but i was still hoping they would let us listen in. My mother's wolf Garda then began to growl at me hearing my reaction." Knightly you don't need to hear anything. Trust us, everything is going to be okay. Stay here and protect your little sister together with Connor. Knowing you guys are safe will give us more power to fight". Danielle's wolf nodded in agreement then said: "Just remember that we love you" They then hugged us and made their way to the door. I could hear them dial the code of the safe room to close it.

When i was certain that the door was safely closed i let out a loud howl in frustration then plopped down on the floor. My tears were falling and i couldn't stop crying. Seeing this Connor and Lilith made their way to me and i saw that they were crying to. There were so many scenarios going through my head at that moment and i was sure that Connor thought about them too. Lilith crawled onto my lap and Connor hugged me by my side to seek comfort. We were all afraid to let go because we didn't know what would happen next.  We kept on crying and holding onto each other tightly.

I suddenly felt shivers down my spine and my whole body started to burn. I could hear a loud bang and the ground started to shake beneath us. I looked in fear at Connor because i knew that he had felt it too and seeing that i ran to the door with Lilith. We all started banging on the door and started calling out to our parents in despair but no one came to help us. So we kept on crying and banging on the door till we were exhausted.

So guys, i hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's long but my sister keeps asking me when the main characters will meet. So maybe in the next chapter? ;D