Chapter 53. Meant to be together

Jeremy's P.O.V

When i heard Micah say that Mattew was hurt i couldn't breathe but i had to stay strong in front of my king. I was dreading at that moment that i didn't listen to my wolf and marked Mattew as he told me to. If i had marked him i would have surely felt his pain when he got hurt.

It was now too late to think about that i thought to myself and walked up to Knightly when Micah said "Let's go Jeremy". I was now determined to make Mattew mine no matter what. I knew exactly what Knightly meant when he said "Return stronger Jeremy". It meant that Mattew and i both needed each other to become stronger. I knew exactly what to do to achieve that goal and wasn't going to waste any time anymore.

If Mattew had mated with me we wouldn't be in this position right now and i was going to make sure that he understood that. Micah casted a spell and we landed in front of a door of a room. When i looked around i realized that we were standing in a hallway.

Micah suddenly put his hands on my shoulders and said "Listen to me now carefully Jeremy. Were at the headquarters right now and Mattew is inside this room. This is his room and is soundproof so now one will hear what's going on inside".

My eyes widened when i heard that and asked Micah hastily "What do you want me to do to Mattew, Micah?" Micah couldn't help to chuckle hearing my reaction and said "The only thing i want you to do for my brother is to be there for him Jeremy nothing more. The demons cursed my brother in law and because my sister is pregnant now just like me she can't handle the stress. She would surely have to help my brother in law to beat the curse and Mattew understood that"

"And because Mattew didn't want to burden my pregnant sister he took the curse over from my brother in law. My sister is expecting her baby girl any day now and Mattew didn't want her to get hurt. Mattew has always been like that because he's a kind brother. He thinks about us first then about himself".

I was proud to hear good things about my mate and asked Micah "What kind of curse is it that he needs me to beat it?" Micah put his head down and said "It's a curse that eats your soul away. Mattew is now fighting to stay alive. I'm certain that having you near him will give him strength to beat the curse".

I puffed out my chest and said "I will do anything to keep my mate alive Micah. Tell me what i can do to ease his pain". Micah smiled at me and said "It's not a pretty sight in there Jeremy. I made sure that you have food and water for both of you. I even put extra clothes and towels in the bathroom for you two in case you need it. The only thing you have to do is to hold him tightly and make him understand that you complete him".

Hearing that i nodded with my head at Micah and said "I understand Micah". Micah shook his head at me and said "No Jeremy. It's not going to be as easy as you think. He might bite you or even try to kill you but it's all because of the curse. Promise me that you won't lose your fate in him".

I stepped forward and looked in Micah's eyes. I then put my hand on his shoulder and said "I promise you that i won't reject him no matter what he does to me Micah because his my soul mate". Micah smiled at me and opened the door for me. The room was dark and only a few rays of sunshine could be seen from the curtains.

Micah closed the door behind me and when i took a closer look at the bed i saw Mattew laying on it. He was looking at the curtains and breathing heavily. The moment i took a step in his direction he immediately jumped off the bed and grabbed me by my throat.

He looked at me in so much hatred that i whimpered but my wolf Azrael immediately calmed me down by saying "His not in his right mind Jeremy don't forget what Micah said". "Your right Azrael. He needs us right now" i said to Azrael and looked Mattew straight in his eyes but before i could say anything to Mattew he started screaming in pain while clutching his chest.