Chapter 21. Connor's birthday

Micah's P.O.V

Thanks for reading and voting guys. Please leave a comment.

After the exhausting task in San Francisco i can finally return home. It was hard for me to leave home because i promised my parents i would be more around this time. But it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I received many praises from my fellow gymnasts and it was nice to train with them.

My father informed the school about my absence and asked my teachers if i could catch up when i came back. They were all understanding and gave my father my assignments. I have three day's-worth of school work now waiting for me at home. Luckily i have the weekend to complete them.

I'm still a little worried about Knightly's reaction. I desperately want to talk to him but i don't know how to face him. So many questions are coming up my head. Questions like is he still mad at me or has he forgiven me. I wanted to call him so many times but didn't have the courage to do so because i don't know what i would do if he told me he doesn't want to be my friend anymore.

Why am i still so desperately clinging to him? I don't know. It's like my whole body is telling me that he belongs to me. I have never had feelings for boys in general but i have also never paid any attention to people around me. Knightly got my attention at first sight. He's just different.

Tonight is Connor's birthday party. I will be going straight from the airport to Knightly's house for the party. My uncle is going to drop me first off then my luggage and my father is going to pick me up later on. He wants me to be home early so i can rest up for my school work and training.

I have thought so many times about what to give to someone like Connor who has everything. Connor is a very loving and caring person. You can clearly see how much he loves Knightly and Lilith even if they're not blood related.

The only thing i could come up with was a card. I searched through many gift shops to find the perfect card for him despite my uncle's annoyance. He said it was dangerous but still gave me permission to go.

We arrived in Sacramento at 7.45 in the evening. I had to attend the closing ceremony before leaving and didn't have the time to change so i'm still in my suit. We were now on our way to Knightly's house. My mind is full of Knightly because i'm afraid to face him but it has to be done. I have to talk to him about the kiss tonight. I can't go on another day like this.

"Gold take your jacket off and roll up your sleeves" My uncles voice brought me out of my thoughts. He gave me a quick glance while driving the car. I shook my head and asked "Why?" "Gold, you look like your going to a business meeting and not a birthday party" I looked at my attire and realized that he's right.

I quickly took off my jacket and rolled up my sleeves. "How do i look now ?" "Like Gold" he chuckled. "Uncle please i'm already nervous so don't make it any more difficult" i huffed in annoyance. He sighed and said "It was meant to light up the mood Gold because you've been sitting there all quiet and clutching the card like someone will steal it"

I looked down at the card and my eyes widened. He's right this is the only thing i got out of my luggage and i have been clutching it since we left the airport. I quickly examined the card and sighed in relief when i didn't find any wrinkles on it.

"Gold, i know this is the first birthday party your attending but please relax and have fun. You need it" he winked at me and smiled. I couldn't help to smile back at him. He always knows what to say. "We're here" i heard my uncle say after a while.

The car stopped in front of a gate. When i looked up i could see a huge beautiful mansion in front of me. The two guards standing in front of the massive gate got my attention. One of them walked up to us and asked "Name". "Micah Lockwood" answered my uncle. The guards looked at each other, then motioned us to drive through the gate.