Chapter 67. Loose ends

Micah's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning after Kingsley's birthday party laying next to Knightly in our bed. I didn't really remember how i ended up there because i was exhausted the night before. I was facing Knightly and smiled when i realized that Amell had traveled with Althea to our bed. They were both clinging to Knightly while they were still sound asleep just like their father. I was glad that Knightly was facing me otherwise he could have crushed Althea who was hanging on her father's shoulder. I didn't want to wake my beautiful daughter up so let her enjoy her time with her father.

I started gazing at Knightly's handsome face and thought to myself here lies the love of my life. The father of my four amazing children, the man with whom i fell in love with at first sight. I was just eight years old when i saw him for the first time and he stayed in my heart since then. I would do anything for him and my children even die for them. If someone ever asked me what i would change in my life if i had a chance to then i would have answered them with "Nothing" because all the things i have been through since i met Knightly made me what i was today which meant a force to be reckoned with.

I didn't need much to be happy just being close to my mate and children were enough. I couldn't help myself and leaned in to caress Knightly's cheek. Knightly smiled when he felt my touch and i carefully kissed him on the lips keeping in mind not to hurt Amell who was clinging to his father's chest. Knightly slowly opened his eyes and i said to him while gazing in his gorgeous grey eyes with silver specks in it "Good morning my love".

Knightly kissed me softly back and said while chuckling "I see that we have intruders". I smiled at him and replied with "They can feel that something is about to happen so they want to stay close to us but i really have to do something about Amell's ability. I keep putting restriction spells on him but he keeps breaking them and i won't forgive myself if something bad happened to him".

Knightly quickly put his forehead against my forehead then said "We can't help that he's powerful love and i know that you'll figure out something to stop him from using his power. You are the mighty Micah Sliverstone-Lockwood after all". I couldn't help but laugh when i heard Knightly say that and uttered "We're not married yet Knigh so i'm still the mighty Micah Lockwood". Knightly looked at me feigning shock and then asked me "Then what are we waiting for love let's get married today".

My heart melted when i heard those words but i knew that i wasn't ready to be tied down yet so said "Knigh, you are my everything and i would have accepted your proposal in a heartbeat if this war wasn't looming over us. I just don't want us to hurry into something that we're not ready for yet. We can take our time to plan a wedding once this war is over. And being bound by our hearts is more important than being bound through a piece of paper don't you think".

I held my breath because i didn't know how Knightly would react to my words but smiled when i heard Knightly finally say "I knew you would say that but it never hurts to ask right love. I want to tell you today that if something bad happened to you during this war then i'll leave this world with you because i refuse to live another day without you my heart and soul". I quickly leaned in and kissed Knightly softly on his lips again then said "I promise you that i will never let it get so far my love".

Knightly smiled at me then held my hand and breathed in my scent. I sighed in relief and then suddenly heard Amell whimper. I quickly placed a kiss on his head then caressed his back. Althea opened her eyes too and slid down her father's shoulder. Knightly turned around and pulled her closer to him. Althea started patting her father's cheek and i then heard Amell giggle. "I think it's best that we put them back in their crib Knigh because Ezekiel must be waking up by now too and i don't want him to feel left out" i said to Knightly while getting up from the bed and Knightly just nodded with his head at me then replied with "I agree with you love".